Case Study 2011

Hey guys, have been reading your discussions and i have to say, very informative, thanks.

Question, for the SL Exam ill have Section A composed of 3 questions (i have to choose 2) and Section B composed of 1 compulsary question.

How many marks will each have? And how much time shouldd i allocate for each question?

Hey guys, have been reading your discussions and i have to say, very informative, thanks.

Question, for the SL Exam ill have Section A composed of 3 questions (i have to choose 2) and Section B composed of 1 compulsary question.

How many marks will each have? And how much time shouldd i allocate for each question?

Hey, each of the Section A questions for you are 15 marks. Section B is worth 20 marks. Section B will include a more analysis-based response. Time, that really depends on you. Maybe 5 mins reading and planning time, and then 20 mins for each question in Section A and 30 mins for section B.

Good luck!

Alright everyone, goodluck with the paper 1 tomorrow and please just continue brainstorming on this forum till you get into the exam, you never know it might just help someone. I would continue commenting but I now have approximately 10 hours till the beginning of my paper and as you all know this is an afternoon paper, you can guess what time it is for me so i would like to get a few decent hours of sleep.

and slack I know you're awake too, if u see this, GO TO SLEEP!!!!

so again goodluck guys.

• Like 1

Alright everyone, goodluck with the paper 1 tomorrow and please just continue brainstorming on this forum till you get into the exam, you never know it might just help someone. I would continue commenting but I now have approximately 10 hours till the beginning of my paper and as you all know this is an afternoon paper, you can guess what time it is for me so i would like to get a few decent hours of sleep.

and slack I know you're awake too, if u see this, GO TO SLEEP!!!!

so again goodluck guys.

I'll just sleep for about an hour, before the exam! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Will this case study definitely be used this november in Australia?

The same case study is used all over the world for IB Students..just differs from year to year..but its the same Case Study for May AND November :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Has anyone else noticed how Option 1 doesn't mke sense?

It says that Neil is considering raising the prices from $25 to $30. Neil believes that this would help increase motivation of the students, while doubling the revenue for Reach Out. HOW??

If the revenue for Reach Out doubles, it means that they are taking $10, and therefore the students still get paid $20. This will not increase their motivation because they are still getiing the same amount of pay.

There is likely to be a question on this "mistake".

they will get remotivated because they will feel that Reach out may put this extra money in training and development of students. according to Maslows theory if students think that this will happen their self actualisation needs will be covered as they will develop even more in what they are doing. we can relate it to other motivation theories similarly, in the aspect of self development of the students

Edited by 4fair1

• 9 months later...

Automatic generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: Exam period passed

If you disagree with this action, please report this post and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,

IB Survival Staff