Staying up late to study some more vs. getting more sleep

wombat123

Studying VS Sleeping  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prioritize staying up later to study some more, or to just hit the hay to get a good rest before taking the test?

• I would stay up later to study some more.
    • I would just hit the hay to get a good rest.

Once I had studied for my history exam really really well and only slept about 2 hours in the night before the exam. The result: I was so tired in the actual exam that I couldn't even think very clearly and I felt like I was too tired to write any long answers. And I kinda ended up doing badly in the exam because of that, and i had studied well for it. So for me, staying up late before an exam worked kinda against the point -_- So I'd deffinately recommend to sleep well!

If it's just a topical test, I'd rather get more sleep. I don't mind failing as long as I don't end up sleeping in class.

But if it's a big exam, I'd rather sleep less in order to study more. But I won't stay up. I'd try to sleep like at 8 or 9 PM, as early as possible and then wake up at 3 or 4 AM to study, until school starts. That way I'd have enough sleep and the materials I had studied would still be fresh in mind so I wouldn't forget them (perhaps).

To be honest, I'm not the 'study' type of person in the first place so I would definitely hit the bed instead of the books. For class tests it's definitely not worth the effort to stay up late to study. I always do it the hour or two before the test starts.

For the final exam, I'd start revising like at least one week in advance so that I have no excuse to stay up late just to cram everything in my brain in one night (but of course I would browse through the subject the night before just to make sure I've got everything in my head and reassure myself with the most unfamiliar topics)!

I practice the former of the two methods. -_-

I get really stressed out the night before big projects and tests so I usually know I won't get any sleep anyway, and I feel guity that I'm sacrificing my education to get some sleep the night before a test.

So, I usually stay up and study until I feel confident with the material.

Really i think that if i sleep more, the time will be enough to complete tasks.

And if idid all tasks will be concentrated on a day or two, i prefer to work as much as i can, and to sleep on weekends.You will need someday to pull an allnighter or to not sleep well, i think i should be able to do that

If I've done worse on the previous test(s), then I will feel the need to stay up and study. Especially if it's Biology. But if it's a class where I have aced the previous tests, then most likely I wouldn't have to stay up to study.

At the beginning of the year, I promised myself I would never put myself in a situation where I would have to sacrifice sleep in order to study, but two weeks ago, I was nearly forced to. I was sick, so everything already felt like it was too much. But I collapsed as soon as I came home the night before the test and stayed up till 3 reviewing.