Oxidation and Reduction Design IA

neema342

For a format just look around Chemistry forums and you will find so much help. There are so many topics on the structure of an IA you will find one very easily.

For redox, recently I did one on the oxidation of iron using nails. Its a slow prac, but its pretty straight forward and there are a lot of variable you could look at.

Oh redox how much I love you (Y)

You could form your own cell and test how much power it kicks out using various solutions, or different metals for the cathode/anode. You could do what Kiwia suggested with iron and rusting. Other than that I'm running out of ideas probably because it's been about a year since SL redox and we haven't started the HL topic yet :P

As far as labs go there is no "format" for the design. You list from background info, a hypothesis, your variables (in some sort of chart), all your equipment (including reagents), and a then a step by step VERY detailed and CONTROLLED procedure of how to carry out the experiment.

Clicky for Lab Help