Sign in to follow this  

Does anybody fail the EE

After looking at the markbands for the EE I was wondering how someone could actually get an E on it if you only need an 8 for a D. Regardless I will still be working my ass off on it but knowing that takes a lot of the nerves away for me.

Yep, people do! You do have to be pretty masterful to fail it -- generally both misunderstand the guidelines AND put in pretty minimal effort, but even if people don't fail it, a lot of people do only just pass their EE... which is pretty pointless, metaphorically and literally, because you waste all that time and get zero bonus points. You've got to be in it to win it and put your back into the Extended Essay! :P

You'll only do very well on it if you really try very hard. Medium effort won't reward you much.

Try as hard as you can with your EE. Those bonus points can come in handy. I've heard horror stories from my teachers who said they've had students who get 23 points, one point away from the diploma.

If you have lots of time, work on the EE little by little, devoting at least 2 non-research hours to working on it per day. The day before it's due, you can relax and just proofread, instead of trying to do the entire paper in a day.

I tried very hard with my EE.

Instead of having a party on my birthday, I worked on my EE. I didn't even eat my cake. :P

Good luck on the EE! :(

Edited by JoeGuff

Yea, don't do it the night before the first draft, that was a fun 8 hour marathon :)

Do around 3 drafts, if not more, full proofread and revision drafts.

And JoeGuff, someone in my ToK class spent their brithday crying over the ToK essay and her presentation :) Then skipped her birthday dinner to work on them both...