All-nighters & procrastination!

Afterglow

Guest hatteru
Honestly, do you guys not sleep at night and stay up doing homework? I've never stayed up doing homework ever :P . Except maybe in the sixth grade where I woke up early once.

It's an aquired taste, staying up all night studying. You cant do it too often and you feel creepy the next day - kind of disembodied, you just float along feeling pale and queer and getting odd looks. But needs must, especially when you're the queen of procrastination like me, and tend to leave rather critical assignments to the night before :lol::P

I think the last all-nighter the psych IA -whoops :P

[code]It's an aquired taste, staying up all night studying. You cant do it too often and you feel creepy the next day - kind of disembodied, you just float along feeling pale and queer and getting odd looks. But needs must, especially when you're the queen of procrastination like me, and tend to leave rather critical assignments to the night before  
I think the last all-nighter the psych IA -whoops

Well, I may not be the King of procrastination, but I'm definitely the prince. Usually I refuse to stay up late, unless I've got a special interest in doing the work, which I don't. Thankfully, the teachers at my school are pretty lax about giving in homework. It can be given the next day, week or maybe even the month if you're that stupid which one of my friends is.

I stay up late quite often...and end up doing practically nothing.

Usually when I'm trying to do homework on my computer, I can hardly do it because of so many distractions. The internet is the biggest distraction of them all.

Usually when I'm trying to do homework on my computer, I can hardly do it because of so many distractions. The internet is the biggest distraction of them all.

That's my problem as well which is why I sometimes flee to my brother and use his computer just because I know then I must finish it since he'll be ticked off otherwise. He's very understanding though and keep encourage me to keep writing.

I have pull all-nighters but I also need sleep. Without sleep, my brain can't function. Mostly it's essays and some homeworks which I haven't manage to finish or had trouble with and then the deadline is there so I MUST finish it, that's when I stay up very late with coke and coffee and type. I actually do well then because I'm in such a pressure.

However, if there are tests coming up then I go to bed early. No thinking of homework. I know how important sleep can be and if I want to do well on the test, then I need sleep.

But I will still miss all those long lazy nights and mornings when you could lay in bed until 1pm during the summer holiday since now with the holidays and weekends coming, there'd be no lazy butts! Instead, wake up at 6am, le sigh.

However, if there are tests coming up then I go to bed early.

Yeah, true, I can't go without sleep before exams either. Cramming the night before doesn't work for me.

To be honest I have never truly pulled an all nighter (i.e. stayed up ALL night) to do work. Never ever. The latest is probably 2-3am.

And to be more honest, all nighters can be avoided. :lol: We just...choose to procrastinate and not avoide them. :P

Yeah, true, I can't go without sleep before exams either. Cramming the night before doesn't work for me.

To be honest I have never truly pulled an all nighter (i.e. stayed up ALL night) to do work. Never ever. The latest is probably 2-3am.

And to be more honest, all nighters can be avoided. :P We just...choose to procrastinate and not avoide them. :P

yeah me too, but 3 a.m for me is really late :lol: , and the next dat i wake up at 12 or 1, so i end up sleeping more than usual... but i feel good when i stay up really late doing assignments, but i hate it when my eyes start burning from the laptop...

not sleeping worked for my chem paper 3 :D I got a 6 in it, and it was the first time I studied option D :D I mean I didn't even read it before that! so I'm happy with that :lol:

anyway I've pulled a few all nighters.. so many that I screwed up my system at mocks :P I used to sleep at 8 am and wake up at 2 pm :P it took em a month to get used to a regular sleeping system again! well a month and a week at OSC :P I had no choice but to wake up early there so it worked out :D

anyway I've pulled a few all nighters.. so many that I screwed up my system

Welcome to the club...school's started again now but I still can't get to sleep before 2-3 am, I went to bed at around 10 30 yesterday but kept twisting and turning for half the night. The fact that I have to wake up at 5 30 am every friggin' day to go to school doesn't help either...it does have some positive sides though, e.g. I'm working tonight and I'm sure I'll be able to stay up till 1 or 2, easily.

Welcome to the club...school's started again now but I still can't get to sleep before 2-3 am, I went to bed at around 10 30 yesterday but kept twisting and turning for half the night. The fact that I have to wake up at 5 30 am every friggin' day to go to school doesn't help either...it does have some positive sides though, e.g. I'm working tonight and I'm sure I'll be able to stay up till 1 or 2, easily.

2-3? LOL child's play.. I'm talking about me not being able to sleep till like 8 am every day! sometimes not at all till like 3 pm the next day :D

though I think you'll experience that soon :D just give IB time ;)

There's no way I want to experience that :0

IB's ending for me in a few months anyway - well hopefully, if I get the diploma ;)

Hey by the way, did you get my PM?

:D it's late though, my brain is toasted :D I'll get back to you by tomorrow :D

• 2 weeks later...