All-nighters & procrastination!

Afterglow

• 2 weeks later...
Guest godlvian

I just started the Diploma program and im really feeling the heat.How do you guys just keep up and work under immense stress?.I have noticed IB2 students not sleeping and working harder and concentrating harder than most of the IB1 students in my school,i really don't understand how the extra work load and added pressure of EE CAS TOk and other IE criteria cant be a drag.... :innocent: seams that i have a lot to learn it these two years. :P

Maybe I just haven't gotten the full blast of Ib yet but I'm still able to get a good 10-11 hours of sleep each night. I must be pretty lucky to have some nice teachers:)

The only one night I stayed up past 11pm was when I had to finish off an english project, which was caused by procrastination. Definitely wont be doing much procrastinating anymore.

My sleeping cycle has completely changed since i joined the IB program, i know this is horrible, but i usually stay up to like 2-3 am catching up or studying or memorizing scripts, but i'm use to it now. And plus i saw this wicked doc on HBO about insomnia, and that kind of helped me realize that hey, sleeping really isn't that important (yeah right :) ).

as for procrastination, i do it .. constantly. Like my friend megan says, IB, so therefore IBS.

Edited by Soy

• 2 weeks later...

I have never stayed up later than 3am and that was only once and the second latest would half past twelve, and I am doing my exams at the moment and I have gotten all work done and I am as prepared as I can be for exams and I procrastinate. SO I think that all nighters to do work are just an ego thing.

Hey, I rarely have late nights (by late I mean past midnight), though my weakness seems to be science labs. I just get really paranoid, simply because one little mistake can drop you from a complete to a partial, which is going from a 3 to a 2, which is going from 100% to 67%! Furthermore, midterms are coming up and in bio, our lab marks will be worth 37% of that midterm...and there are only 6 lab marks (3 for data processing, 3 for data presentation). Subsequently, I am up for hours on end trying to make sure that the smallest things are okay in all my labs. I know its just me being completely paranoid, but I can't help it and all science labs drive me insane.

All right, I'll stop ranting now and see if I can be a little more productive.

Edited by snowday

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr Canada

The closest I've come to an all-nighter is last friday when we had a CAS project (IB commercial Movie) that had to be finished the next day. My co-workers left my apartment at 00:00 and I kept at it for about 2-3 hours. Actually finished it but then realized that the format was not compatible with the DVD players at school :worship:;):P Really pissed me off. But then we ran it on one of the computers in the "computer room" and it worked. So eventually all that work wasn't for nothing.