All-nighters & procrastination!

Afterglow

03:50 and still here in the library.. typing away!

I wish the libraries here were open that late. The one I usually go to is open only to 8pm on some days, others at 7pm. It sucks because I study better and more in the libraries. There is one that is open till 9-10pm but since that is the uni library, you can't bring anything in but books and pens. Not even your bag or a bottle of water!!

The closest I've come to an all-nighter is last friday when we had a CAS project (IB commercial Movie) that had to be finished the next day. My co-workers left my apartment at 00:00 and I kept at it for about 2-3 hours. Actually finished it but then realized that the format was not compatible with the DVD players at school :lol:;):D Really pissed me off. But then we ran it on one of the computers in the "computer room" and it worked. So eventually all that work wasn't for nothing.

You did an IB commerical movie?! :) Is it possible for us to see it? :sadnod:

Guest Mr Canada
I wish the libraries here were open that late. The one I usually go to is open only to 8pm on some days, others at 7pm. It sucks because I study better and more in the libraries. There is one that is open till 9-10pm but since that is the uni library, you can't bring anything in but books and pens. Not even your bag or a bottle of water!!

You did an IB commerical movie?! :lol: Is it possible for us to see it? :sadnod:

Yes I will try to put it up on Youtube this week.

Guest Mr Canada
Yay! That'll be so fun :sadnod: Make sure to post it. I know we did a video of our Group 4 project but it's a bit embarresing because it's sort of a parody of our work so we haven't put it online.

We did this one to commercialize the fact that IB does exist in Boden and to explain what the IB is for those interested.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ipsa.scientia.potestas.est

Igh. I've never pulled an all-nighter, and hopefull never will. I've gone to school with only 3 hours of sleep before, but that's just because my HL Bio teacher is crazy and can't schedule. And, no, I'm not just saying that. For 1 week we had NO homework in that class. The next week, we do 3 labs with all the write-ups due Friday. Gr. Is it just me or can most teachers not schedule work so that we have enough time to do it in a reasonable manner?

Whattttt? In a week? How did you have time in class to do the labs, much less the lab write-ups? My chemistry teacher is usually better at spacing out due dates, which means a constant workload, but much more manageable. Any tips for handling something like that though? Besides, like, not sleeping? =)

Edited by ipsa.scientia.potestas.est

Hmm, well for me, I pretty much prioritized what needed to be done.

Obviously IA's came first in any regard.

When I get overloaded, I don't do tedious homework.

Another thing, utilize lunches and free periods.

That's generally 2 hours of space when you could get a fair bit of work done.

Also, if you have any slack courses (HL French B/ TOK) then work through those classes.

It's how I keep sane without pulling an all-nighter.

Good luck with all your work, and if you need anything, give me a shout!

Hmm, well for me, I pretty much prioritized what needed to be done.

Obviously IA's came first in any regard.

When I get overloaded, I don't do tedious homework.

Another thing, utilize lunches and free periods.

That's generally 2 hours of space when you could get a fair bit of work done.

Also, if you have any slack courses (HL French B/ TOK) then work through those classes.

It's how I keep sane without pulling an all-nighter.

Good luck with all your work, and if you need anything, give me a shout!

Well, thanks for the tips.

I have to do tedious homework in most cases though, especially chem. since we only get 10 grades a quarter at most.

The sad thing is that I have no free periods, since I chose to take 7 IB classes and am an idiot. Also, our lunches are only 15 minutes long, during which I'm usually in the CAS office or speaking to some administrator about something random. To make it worse, I don't have French or TOK (we actually work in all of my classes). I wish someone would just add another dimension to space for IB students to finish their work, while the hours spent in that reality only counted for minutes in this one. Thanks for the luck too, I'm going to need it.

Thanks, I suppose I'll just keep that in mind and make the best of it. I've also discovered it helps if you love what you're doing. Which would explain my 100 in Chemistry and my 96 in Math. lol :worship: (Based on a scale of 100 for all you cool non-Floridians.)

Guest PollyPeptide

Hm.. never done an all-nighter either. The latest I've been up doing homework is like.. 11.30 :worship: I can't go without sleep. The least if 5-6 hours for me, anything below that and my brain will be completely dead.

But I guess the all-nighters are happily awaiting me in IB2... :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest YvetteChica
oh come on, they're not so bad.. as long as u have someone fun online to crast with that is :D

Right, I can't so all-nighters but I sure can procrastinate. And right now I really need to seed that historical investigation. Why won't this website let me download it? It said something like I have contributed anything to the community but how could I? I just signed up. Hopefully if I post some things that will count as contribution. This is not spam. I'm pouring out my heart and soul here. Man, I do not like history.