Failing a 7th subject

HelenaStage

It depends on which 6 subjects you have categorized under "diploma" and which one is the extra certificate subject. If you failed the extra certificate subject, you simply do not get that certificate, but get your diploma for the other 6. If you fail one listed in the 6 diploma subjects, I am not sure what they do at that point. They may put your 7th subject (if applicable by the group if falls under) into your diploma program, or no, you do not get your diploma, merely a certificate for each subject you passed.

I doubt you would get your diploma, as it still counts as a subject whether its an addition one or not.. How ever perhaps if its a standard level subject you could possible still get it. the best advice I could give you is to ask your IB co-ordinator :P

Thank you to all of you for your swift replies. I am currently taking 7 subjects, and although I have been doing fine throughout the year with them, my university offers depend only on my six main subjects. I have therefore been contemplating whether or not to prioritise my time on my other subjects for the exam. :P

I don't actually expect to fail my 7th, more of a worst-case-scenario kind of thing. It's always nice to know where you stand and what future courses might be.

Thanks again.

Some of us like to learn stuff not just pass =/

then why are you at school?

He's trying to say that the goal is not to get a grade/pass but to learn, which is how I view it as well. Ie. I consider my IB Chem class to be a failure even though I passed because I did not learn anything. Does that clarify?