History Career Path

Bartosz jez

There is obviously no problem in that :austin: I'm sure a lot of historians make a lot of money after their studies, although a degree in History(or any pure subject for that matter) is not a degree most people associate with high paying jobs.

If you really like History, then you should definitely study it, and worry about work when you get to that stage.

I'm not exactly a post-university career prospects connoisseur but I know that for instance here in the UK, History graduates are, perhaps not sought after, but are very much appreciated for their analytical skills and ability to reason. Many historians go on to do law (less than 50 percent of lawyers have a law degree). Historians have an endless possibility, ranging from academic, civil servant, to journalist, to author. Choose History if that's where you passion lies.

Kind Regards

If you have a college degree, no matter what you field of study, you will have an easier time finding a job than most people. Bishup is right about the Law. Also, depending on where you go to University, you could possibly double-major in history and another major related to history that has high paying jobs post-graduating from college.