Choosing Your Oral

elmar

I'm having trouble deciding my oral for Spanish B oral in March. I've noticed I am one of the few that are handling historic events of a Spanish-speak country, Spain specifically, while other students are focusing on current events, such as the global warming effect in equator-level countries.

As I am one of the few that seem to have difficulty organizing and constructing my analysis, should I change my topic to be more recent to avoid using any time in the oral to describe what happened in history?

I did French SL, not Spanish, but I don't think the Oral would really be any different. I know for mine, which was on St. Pierre et Miquelon, it wasn't really even an "analysis" exactly. I introduced a bit about the islands (Geography-wise), then talked about its history, then how that has led to its current state of affairs. Really, it was more expository than anything.

The short answer would be that yes, historical events are fine. Long answer would be to go verify with your teacher; since he/she will be the one that's asking the questions for the second bit, theoretically as long as your oral contains enough possible points of discussion for your teacher to draw upon and ask answerable questions there wouldn't be any reason giving a bit of history will hamper you in any way.