"Soft subjects"

Valentyn

There is a set of soft IB subjects which are considered inferior by UK universities. If you take more than one of those, you get your chances of getting into Cambridge very very low. so these are (not a complete list)

Business management

Enviromental sciences

Peace and conflict studies

There was a whole list of those. Ill post them here when I get the list back.

I never really liked this whole statement that unis want students to take the 'rigorous subjects' that the school offers. I mean, everything depends on the individual! But I’m glad I don’t take any of those subjects anyway...

IB B&M is definitely not an easy course! It's hard and rigorous just as Economics would be.

Im lost Peace and Conflict Studies is an IB course?

Where does it say that :P ?

There is a set of soft IB subjects which are considered inferior by UK universities. If you take more than one of those, you get your chances of getting into Cambridge very very low. so these are (not a complete list)

Business management

Enviromental sciences

Peace and conflict studies

There was a whole list of those. Ill post them here when I get the list back.

Aboo, Valentyn said it right here.

It is. trust me, I got this information from my IB coordinator. There are a whole bunch of subjects in the humanities section: you can take sociology, phycology etc.

Design technology is another soft one, social and cultural antropology, information technology, ecosystems and society; not sured of computer science tho.

IB does offer LOADS of useless subjects. it's just the matter of our schools that do not allow us taking them...

Actualy this post was aimed at people who are just making up their subject choices. Sometimes it seems very easy to get a good grade in a very easy subject, but than it seems so pointless as the grade doesnt really get you anywhere...

I am again unsure about the ab initios...

it just does not make sense that ITGS is a soft subject... it is definitely not easy... and the IA that we have to do is as hard as other group 3 sujects, if not harder than others... however, commenting on the useless subjects that IB offer... its definitely a right thing, since it is extremely difficult to take 6 "hard subjects" :)

^ ME too. If I didn't know anything about IB and saw the ITGS SL exam, i'd take IB in a heartbeat.

LET'S ALL TAKE FURTHER MATH + CHEM HL + PHYSICS HL. Wheeee!

arguing ITGS as easiest subject is a little bit un-reasonable... i mean general IT knowledge for you is not for others... since your talking about ITGS exams, i suggest checking out P2 for any year and tell me how easy it is.... or how easy to get marks?

Aboud, you're right about it not being an easy subject - in fact, it's really hard to get a 7 according to IB stats. However, it does look rather "unscientific" compared to say History or Economics. This, of course, is only an outsiders viewpoint and is probably far from reality - IB subjects rarely are easy!

Finally, someon making sense.... it is known that the most difficult 7 in group 3 subject is for ITGS... economics maybe more difficult than ITGS to some people (its definitely more difficult to me) but that still doesnt mean that ITGS is easy...

P.S. i totally agree with you, hardly nothing is easy in IB... i think that there is no such thing called "an easy 7"

Edited by Aboud

Guest PollyPeptide

Haha, Mark's comment just made me think of something that happened in one of our Math classes.

Math SL teacher: "There's no easy 7 in any subject, not even in Math Studies. Isn't that right?"

Math Studies teacher (who was just walking past): "... No."

But really, I don't think Maths Studies is easy either, at least not if you want a 7. 7 requires a lot of hard work, for all subjects.

But really, I don't think Maths Studies is easy either, at least not if you want a 7. 7 requires a lot of hard work, for all subjects.

Haha, I'm grateful I can say this: I beg to differ. Finnish A1 HL is a breeze and such an easy 7. Having a rare A1 language really is advantageous!

Not to mention Swedish B SL for some of my classmates... They could do it as A1 and still score well...