Full 2 years tuition & board scholarship for IB students at Pearson UWC

Ruan Chun Xian

I just got information from a friend about opportunities for full scholarship to do the IB Diploma at one of the United World Colleges (specifically Lester B. Pearson UWC of the Pacific in Canada).

As I understand it, if you apply to do IB at Pearson, and get accepted, they will grant you the scholarship so that you can go.

The Full Scholarship Policy at Lester B. Pearson College of the Pacific

"The College will be open to all students with ability, regardless of financial means"

Lester B. Pearson, Canadian Prime Minister

i) Students are selected in open competition.

ii) Full scholarships are provided for students who attend the College.

Selected students receive a full scholarship that covers their tuition, room and board. The value of this scholarship is approximately $33,000 (CDN) per year.

This is from the email I got from my friend:

Yes Hien, sorry that i forgot to include that. Basically the UWC movement is a group of international schools all around the world with selection committees in a lot of different countries, so its not just for Vietnamese students (however the selection committee in Vietnam picks only Vietnamese students). [This is in response to a question I asked whether the scholarship was for everyone].

For more information, you can go to http://www.uwc.org/

The college that I'm at (that's part of the UWC movement) is Pearson College in Canada and I highly recommened it! It is the only UWC school that has a full scholarship policy for all students (other UWCs have only scholarships for some students and others are on tuition) and currently we have students from 100 different countries! It is also a beautiful campus south of Vancouver island (near Vancouver) and there's mountains and forests and ocean all around us so we have lots of opportunities to do activities and outdoors stuff. So if you know anyone who's interested and wants to go to a UWC, I recommend Pearson college! The website is http://www.pearsoncollege.ca/

Anyway, I hope this helps and if you or any of your friends want more information, feel free to contact me.

So if you're interested, contact me and I'll give you my friend's contact detail so that if you have any questions you can contact her. :P

Deadline for Canadian applications for 2008 - 2010 session is Feb 15th. Canadian applications include landed immigrants.

If you're applying internationally (i.e. from outside of Canada) then check here: http://www.uwc.org/applicants

This is really interesting!! I definitely will try applying there as my tuition fee + homestay fee is around 30,000 CAD a year and i don't want my family to spend that much for me. Thanks so much for your information :) Btw, is it hard to get into??

EDIT:

Hey! I just contact the National Comitee of Thailand to find out more about this scholarship. Apparently, I have to pay an additional 10,000 CAD for some reason. AND I have to study in Thailand in order to get scholarship. DanG! so now i hang in between Thai-Canadian. I'm neither Canadian nor study in Thai. :) How unfair....

Edited by Argiyama

Im in the process of appyling. The only thing is during my PSAT at my school I was extremely ill and I did horrible. I scored a 150 overall and when I took all the practices I scored way above that. Im hoping my reference and my grades will ake up for this.

EDIT: GARR....The application deadline was January 15 for US citizens.

Edited by koolgecko91

Guest iber2468

We went to Pearson for our Group 4. I think it's a great opportunity for international students, especially those from Asia.

Be warned though, Pearson is in the middle of nowhere so you can say goodbye to Malls and the Big City Life.

They have a really diverse community so it's GREAT.

The housing wasn't that good. Just mini-wooden-complexes on campus. Campus = a forest. I dunno, maybe we got the quieter side of campus.

Edited by Crystal

Does anyone know is there any other IB school that offer any scholarship?? I mean any kind of scholarship in Canada. I'm trying to look but I can't find any information on any scholarship for international school nor the school that offer the same thing as Pearson B. College.

Hi,

If anyone is interested in knowing more about the different UWC schools (especially RCNUWC) you are free to ask me anytime. As most national committees do not allow you to chose a specific school within the UWC movement you can be send to almost any of the schools in the world (depending on which your national commitee is sending to) BTW. I am currently going my second year at Red Cross Nordic United World College in Norway and I can tell you that it is a really unique experience.

So if anyone would like to know how it is to live together with people from all around the world, and on the same time live in the middle of nowhere (all UWC are more or less situated in less urbanised areas) you can just pm me or reply to this post

Vildensky

• 3 years later...

I just got information from a friend about opportunities for full scholarship to do the IB Diploma at one of the United World Colleges (specifically Lester B. Pearson UWC of the Pacific in Canada).

As I understand it, if you apply to do IB at Pearson, and get accepted, they will grant you the scholarship so that you can go.

The Full Scholarship Policy at Lester B. Pearson College of the Pacific

"The College will be open to all students with ability, regardless of financial means"

Lester B. Pearson, Canadian Prime Minister

i) Students are selected in open competition.

ii) Full scholarships are provided for students who attend the College.

Selected students receive a full scholarship that covers their tuition, room and board. The value of this scholarship is approximately $33,000 (CDN) per year.

This is from the email I got from my friend:

Yes Hien, sorry that i forgot to include that. Basically the UWC movement is a group of international schools all around the world with selection committees in a lot of different countries, so its not just for Vietnamese students (however the selection committee in Vietnam picks only Vietnamese students). [This is in response to a question I asked whether the scholarship was for everyone].

For more information, you can go to http://www.uwc.org/

The college that I'm at (that's part of the UWC movement) is Pearson College in Canada and I highly recommened it! It is the only UWC school that has a full scholarship policy for all students (other UWCs have only scholarships for some students and others are on tuition) and currently we have students from 100 different countries! It is also a beautiful campus south of Vancouver island (near Vancouver) and there's mountains and forests and ocean all around us so we have lots of opportunities to do activities and outdoors stuff. So if you know anyone who's interested and wants to go to a UWC, I recommend Pearson college! The website is http://www.pearsoncollege.ca/

Anyway, I hope this helps and if you or any of your friends want more information, feel free to contact me.

So if you're interested, contact me and I'll give you my friend's contact detail so that if you have any questions you can contact her. ;)

Deadline for Canadian applications for 2008 - 2010 session is Feb 15th. Canadian applications include landed immigrants.

If you're applying internationally (i.e. from outside of Canada) then check here: http://www.uwc.org/applicants

How many students do yhey accept?