IB courses you wish you could have taken, but couldn't

JoeG

Philosophy, Psychology, Social&Cultural Anthropology, Business & Management, German AB, Spanish AB, Italian AB, and Physics. Would've liked to have to have done Maths and French B at HL, too.

Realistically, if I had the chance to go back and reset all my choices at a good IB school, I'd do:

English A1

Maths

Physics

Economics

Social & Cultural Anthropology (would replace with Global Politics if I went to a school that offered the pilot)

French B

And a 7th subject out of one of the other group 3s, probably either Philosophy or History. Call me suicidal, but I wouldn't mind doing them all at HL, either - subjects at SL seem like a waste, to me.

Edited by Saurav Das

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would have loved to do Exercise, health and sports science (especially considering I want to go into physio...) but we were apparently one person short of a class. I also kind of wish I did ITGS - yet again not enough people, it was myself and one other person that wanted to do it... :(

I wish I could have taken Psychology or Economics for sure! I currently have Business and Management as a subject and I don't find it challenging at all >.<

As applicable as BAM is I think Psychology and Economics would be extremely useful for me :D

Theatre HL would have been amazing, as would Psychology HL and Computer Science HL.

I also regret not being able to take French A - but there simply wouldn't be enough time to work on it.

B&M would also have been pretty epic as would DT.

Seems that I have 6 more subjects for my next IB Diploma :P

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I really wish I could do IB music and IB chem SL. I'm taking IB Bio HL right now and I in place of those two desired subjects I take psychology. I 'm interested in psychology but I would much rather do music. My school doesn't offer it yet, though. As for chem, I need to take HL bio to fulfill the 3 HL requirement, and my schedule/ availability of classes doesn't allow me to take chem as my elective.

English A1 HL - I do this now.

French SL - I studied French for 10 years prior to starting Ab Initio. I wasn't allowed in SL due to the lack of a formal qualification.

History HL - School didn't offer it for my year, due to a lack of interest, which is ****e, as I know loads of us ended up in Psych/Geo because they didn't offer it.

Chemistry HL - I did this, but because of timetabling, when I started Philosophy, I had to drop it. I'd have dropped HL Biology if i could

Maths SL - I got a B at GCSE, but was forced into Studies, which is piss easy.

Philosophy HL - I do this now.

art : i wanted to do more important subjects to what i want to do in future

World Religions: school didnt offer because only me and one other person selcted

Business: either business or chemistry... i love chemistry

i recently saw a subject, society and culturre

that seems very good