Sign in to follow this  

A Clockwork Orange

Hey is anyone familiar with the novel A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess?

I really like the film, and the book is also good. I decided to do my oral presentation on it. My title is ``Why do we Love Alex - in pursue of the reasons why we render villains our heroes´´ (not a great title i know, but its a draft)

Does anyone know why we like Alex soo much in the novel? Particularly in Part 1?

Does anyone know why we like Alex soo much in the novel? Particularly in Part 1?

Hmmm, I think it's quite dangerous to use the word "we"... maybe analyse what Burgess does to present Alex in a positive light, rather than look at how the reader actually feels about Alex? Really, you only know how you feel about him, right?

Edited by Wanda(Not Alvin)

I agree with that. My english teacher said its a fact that we like Alex in Part 1... although the class had a different point of view

I'll do that, thx!

It was banned because of the violence. It was very graphic by nature and even lead to copy-cat murder in Britian. Im gonna read the book. It seems interesting.

It was banned because of the violence. It was very graphic by nature and even lead to copy-cat murder in Britian. Im gonna read the book. It seems interesting.

Please do! It's not to everyone's taste, but if you don't think it's great, it's at least an interesting read.

Wow, I didn't know about a copy-cat murder... Do you have a link to more information about that?