(Revised) subject list for IB1

Solid.snake

Haha I was thinking about Math HL but it really wouldn't benefit me as much as taking the 3 sciences would. And if I wanted to take Math HL, I'd need to take Bio SL (because of the stress of Math/Bio/Chem HL since Bio and Chem are absolutely necessary subjects for me and also because Chem is only HL at my school). It's much better for what I'm planning to do to take those subjects, and it won't be too hard either. As for the other group 3 credits (which are geo, history and ITGS) History is too research-based for me, i.e. sitting in a library/in front of a computer and just putting things into your own words, etc. Too much work from what I hear and not the kind of results I'd want. Although it is a respectable course, it's not really the type of thing I can imagine myself doing. And apparently ITGS is only SL, which sucks because I am looking for a Group 3 HL course. So I'll stick with geo I guess lol.

Any course choices you made that you regret, or any course choices you would rather have done that you didn't do?

Chem is the only HL? So how are you taking Bio HL then?

I guess if I could go back I would take a subject more interesting than economics <_< Not to say econ is completely boring, I just wish it was a bit more interesting haha. I had to pick between economics and philosophy (we also had the choice of history before it got cancelled) and I thought econ would be the lesser evil of the three :( Other than that I would say my subjects are fine right now.

Lol I meant that Chemistry is only available at the HL and not SL. Sorry for the bad wording lol.

Is the philosophy course you mentioned different from ToK?

Oh OK I get it now. I'll just say that math/bio/chem isn't a bad combination if you're good at math, so you don't have to eliminate math HL completely if you're good at math :( Quite a few people at my school take that combination and they find it alright. Good luck and hope your chosen combination suits you :)

I would imagine that the material is different but you have to think out of the box in both subjects <_< I'm making a guess, I haven't started with TOK and I don't take philosophy haha