Sign in to follow this  

TOK Essay help

So... I got my essay returned from a peer, and I got a 28/40. Not bad I guess... However, I want to improve. I wanted to know how to improve the following:

- showing cultural diversity

- the correlation between ethicss and how it reinforces or undermines reason as a way of knowing

- any other tips are appreciated!

=] thanks

well, for the cultural diversity, it's all about the examples u use. try and get examples from every continent. that wat i'm doing to try and give the essay differnt perspectives and stuff.

So... I got my essay returned from a peer, and I got a 28/40. Not bad I guess... However, I want to improve. I wanted to know how to improve the following:

- showing cultural diversity

- the correlation between ethicss and how it reinforces or undermines reason as a way of knowing

- any other tips are appreciated!

=] thanks

The correlation between ethics and what... reason? If you're talking about ethics and reason, C.S. Lewis' book "Mere Christianity" is a good source for information and examples. Taking an excerpt from my PET, this is what I said about ethics and reason. Maybe it will shake your thoughts

"Ethics is an area of knowledge that involves introspection. Ethics are an agreed upon standard of principles of acceptable behavior by a community. Ethics are broad, but they’re not universal. In some societies polygamy is an acceptable practice, and some societies look down upon it. Which one is right? Both can make logical inductive and deductive arguments as to why it’s okay and not okay but those arguments would be influenced by emotion and perspective based upon a persons experience rather than a collective standard.