2012 Olympic Boycott

AGBellamy

This is the most pointless boycott ever.

"Let's not go to the Olympics! It has Zion in it which is associated to Christianity!"

I don't see...China, or India, or Japan, or any other religions boycotting this, do you?

They've already been stomped into isolation as it is, how stupid can it be to isolate yourself from one of the biggest world events that happen only every 4 years. The logic behind this just seems so...lacking...or something...

I would actually understand refusing to attend because it's a ****ty logo more than attending because it spells Zion. It is the biggest piece of publicity crap the world has ever seen: fact. However the UK isn't even that Christian a country, so quite why anybody would even want it to spell Zion (we actually also wanted it to spell '2012' and look where that got us - good thing we all know the year anyway) is beyond me. That and I'd never even heard of the word Zion until I read this post and looked it up.

Jokes, honestly. Unless it's some kind of national disgrace for them if they get less than X number of gold medals and it's freaking them out, shame on them and their crazy, crazy ways (that given their other crazy crazy ways no longer surprise me much) :blink:

Also, shame on the logo designers. Just because. It makes me weep every time I see it on the side of a lorry, it's a terrible logo and I can't believe they didn't change it. Too late now.