World Lit Assignment 1

Check this out... For the Internal Assesment in Language arts, our school implements the following three books: Aeneid by Virgil, Dante's Inferno by Aleghri, and Siddhartha by Herman hesse.

Since the assignment deals with comparison, i thought of doing "How do Aleghri and Hesse portray the difficulties enountered by their protagonists through the use of diciton, details, and figurative language"

Just want to know what u think abt the topic. Is it deep enough? I know i can get a ton of support..but plz advice as to how i may structure the essay and so forth.

Help is appreciated

• 3 months later...

this may be a little late, but when i presented my topic to my teacher with three different aspects like you have (diction...), he told me it was too vague for a 1500 word essay and that i should concentrate on one aspect and how it is specifically represented in the text.

hope this helps :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hey, I'm halfway through my World Lit and I was told that I needed to cite external sources. And the external sources cannot be obtained from the Internet :P Is this true? So where on earth am i supposed to get my sources?

Hmm. well we were allowed to use internet sources, but there's also books that talk about authors or some of their work in particular. it's not that difficult to get them, really. you should check in your school's library, that's what i did. What books are you doing your world lit assignment on?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Check this out... For the Internal Assesment in Language arts, our school implements the following three books: Aeneid by Virgil, Dante's Inferno by Aleghri, and Siddhartha by Herman hesse.

Since the assignment deals with comparison, i thought of doing "How do Aleghri and Hesse portray the difficulties enountered by their protagonists through the use of diciton, details, and figurative language"

Just want to know what u think abt the topic. Is it deep enough? I know i can get a ton of support..but plz advice as to how i may structure the essay and so forth.

Help is appreciated

pick one out of diction, details and figurative language...

i never read those books...

but what i can tell you is...look for chunks of quotes, rather than little fragments...try to basically just take the quote apart...look for imagery, symbolisms to show your point...

my teacher always say "a weak thesis may turn into a strong paper|" if you are working on a thesis like that, provide strong quotes just in case...but don't go too deep, i mean go into existentialism or nihilism because unless you really know what you're talking about...those thesis end up with low marks because people don't understand the concept