Historical Investigation Question

diabolicalangle

Hi, i am doing my investigation and got marked down in my assessment for using footnotes. My teacher told me to use MLA style instead. I have a bunch of footnotes, and it will be a pin to change them all.

My question is can i ahve footnotes for the IB and not be marked down. I will (obviously) provide a MLA style Works Cited Page at the end.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, i am doing my investigation and got marked down in my assessment for using footnotes. My teacher told me to use MLA style instead. I have a bunch of footnotes, and it will be a pin to change them all.

My question is can i ahve footnotes for the IB and not be marked down. I will (obviously) provide a MLA style Works Cited Page at the end.

Thanks

I also used footnotes, now I feel quite worried for my EE :D

I used ibid and stuff, I thought it was the way to do it, I'm quite confused :(

I also used footnotes, now I feel quite worried for my EE :P

I used ibid and stuff, I thought it was the way to do it, I'm quite confused :P

don't worry about it. My teacher told me that she only marked it down casue the school policy is that it has to be in MLA. She said for the IB, you have to use 1 "recognized" style of citation throughout.

That's ironic because my teacher told us explicitly not to use MLA format under any circumstances. :0

Weird, because the IB Extended Essay Guide says that APSA, APA, Chicago/Turabian, CBE, Harvard, MLA and "numbered references" are all considered to be "major documentation styles" that IB will accept, and I assume that this list of accepted citation styles should be consistent throughout other IB assessments. We're encouraged to use MLA because that's the format we've been working with since pre-IB, though we have free choice between the other formats.

That's ironic because my teacher told us explicitly not to use MLA format under any circumstances. :0

MLA is usually used for english paper where as Chicago is used for History paper. that is proly why you were told not t use MLA.

and that site that Koolgecko prvided for MLA formating.... it is really good and also provides APA formatting. fill in the blank and press enter...instant citations.

i didnt use any footnotes :-/ I just used end notes....hopefully i wont get marked down for not using footnotes.

my class was requiered to use endnotes... the teacher doens't like endnotes... and he's te IBC too... so i figure that IB won't mark youu downc oz why would he do something to get us marked down?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Our teacher told us that we should use footnoting because the markers can then immediately see what they wanna see [your footnoting style or endnoting]. Of course at the end of the investigation there is a bibliography/works cited page.

=)