Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chileanbob

Cell phone

I wanted to know who has the Motorola W385. I was considering getting it, but I heard that it doesn't play "real" ringtones (as in mp3 format). However, I was on my school bus today, and I saw a kid playing some song from his W385. So I'm confused... Could somebody tell me if it' possible to transfer files (through Bluetooth) and apply them as ringtones? Or what's the deal?

Thanks!

I think most phones these days can play mp3 files. I don't have much expertise in W385 but generally speaking when you upload mp3s into your phone you should be able to set it as ring tone.

cant you just very easily type out the phone you're looking at in google and see the specs for yourself?

Well I did do that, and phonescoop.com says that it can't play realtones, yet I see kids at my school doing it. Maybe they rigged the phone or something?

Well I did do that, and phonescoop.com says that it can't play realtones, yet I see kids at my school doing it. Maybe they rigged the phone or something?

It was probably a different type of phone that looks like the other one. Either that or they did crack the phone.

That's what my first thought was. I'm pretty sure (99%) that it was that same Motorola phone. I just don't want to buy the phone and be stuck with something that is less than what I expected. =\

ask the sales person? lol, before you know it people are going to be asking for relationsip advice as well, and we're gonna turn into a big fat H&R

you didn't ask how to crack it, you asked if mp3 files can be transfered to it, and f not what kind of model would be able to take mp3 files. that, my friend, a sales person should know

:)

I still want to have my say!

Why on earth would you even consider getting a Motorola? :0

Let me introduce you to a brand that makes phones that actually work, and are good to use:

http://www.nokia.com

(Needless to say, I'm Finnish and so is Nokia!)

But seriously, anything else BUT Motorola!

amen broda, Nokie all the way!

I got the 6670 in 2005, and it still works like a dream :) don't think I'll change it for another2/3 years either

Well, I just played with my friend's phone and it does play the mp3 music files as ringtones!

I'm gonna buy it soon!

Thanks to all...

Ooh wow Elsa, you do have a good taste in Nokias, the 6670 is a good model. Though it is quite old now... I used to have it but changed to a N73 1½ years ago. Big mistake, since this is **** - my next phone won't be as expensive...