help! idk how to write my IA Discussion!

abesthorse

The purpose of this section is to discuss the following:

• the results of the current study and its relation to the studies cited in the introduction.
  • the strengths and limitations of the methodology used.
  • any relevant modifications and areas of further investigation.
  • an informed conclusion.

This section allows candidates to interpret their own results in the lights of previous research. They must relate their findings to theories or studies referred to in the introduction. No new studies or citations should be introduced.

Candidates should analyze and evaluate their own methodology. They should discuss any flaws or limitations that may have affected the outcome of the experiment. The strongest reports will identify possible confounding variables that may have influenced the study and not rely on a simplistic evaluation such as "the experimental study should have used a larger sample." Modifications that would remedy any limitations should also be included.

During the course of the experiment, candidates may come across unusual results or related topics that may be interesting to investigate experimentally. Candidates should make special note of any such thoughts that arose during the study.

Finally, a brief conclusion should be presented which summarizes the results of the experiment.

Source: http://cranepsych.com/Psych/Internal_Assessment.html

• 2 weeks later...
Hi!

Im doing the same experiment with the stroop effect in my IA. I need help to write the introduction and the Discusion!!

I went to that web u guys added here but it dosent exsist anymore!! I need help!! Anyone?

I also did the stroop effect for the IB Psychology SL IA.

I used this guide when writing out the information for my Internal Assessment.

Holy_Guideweb.pdf

So basically the Introduction should include the generaly introduction to the study, the summary of the study (including broad results), the justification for the study, and the aim.

Edit by Deus: Uploaded the file for you :) .

When doing my ia (on the affect of heavy metal on test scores) i used www.cranepsych.com, it has some excellent example IAs which have recieved 7s aswell as some lower graded ones, although they may not strictly relate you your topic, they are extremely useful for how (and how not) to format and present your IA