Dumb question but..What is the difference between EE Topic and EE R. Question? :S

toytoytoy

Dumb question but..What is the difference between EE Topic and EE R. Question?? :S

I'm writing mine in English A1 and my question is How is perspective used as a literary device to characterise war experiences?

hehe would the topic then be Exploring the use of different perspectives in the novel Half of a yellow sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie?

:)

I usually say EE topic to refer to what generally the EE is all about. The research question (RQ) is the question which is usually the title of the EE.

In your case your topic would be perspective in war experiences. Btw I suggest putting the title(s) of the work(s) you use in the RQ.

In my case, my RQ is:

In how many ways can n heterosexual couples be seated around a regular polygonal table in such a way that men and women alternate, nobody sits next to his or her partner and no couple sits on the same side?

and my topic is no. of possible sitting arrangement :)

I usually say EE topic to refer to what generally the EE is all about. The research question (RQ) is the question which is usually the title of the EE.

In your case your topic would be perspective in war experiences. Btw I suggest putting the title(s) of the work(s) you use in the RQ.

In my case, my RQ is:

In how many ways can n heterosexual couples be seated around a regular polygonal table in such a way that men and women alternate, nobody sits next to his or her partner and no couple sits on the same side?

............. O.O Can I just say that your topic sounds absolutely amazing?! Makes me feel jealous that I have no math skills...

I was wondering should I be worried if I have a topic, more or less, but Im not sure what question to ask yet? I havent done any background reading yet...

In my case, my RQ is:

............. O.O Can I just say that your topic sounds absolutely amazing?! Makes me feel jealous that I have no math skills...

I was wondering should I be worried if I have a topic, more or less, but Im not sure what question to ask yet? I havent done any background reading yet...

Well, it depends on the way your school has organised the whole EE process. We've been given ten months to do ours, and have been given strict guidelines, as to what we should be doing for each month. I think that for an EE in History, the best way to approach it is by getting the topic that you want to write your EE in, then doing some research, and basing your research question around the research that you've carried out.

lol thank you! :P

I don't like probability though, which makes me a little sad about my EE. it IS hard to find a good topic, so I will just stick with that very long RQ :P

I don't think you should be worried, but you should definitely put in more effort to find a good question. Read more.. Do some research.. Ask your teacher about it...

If your exams are in May 2012 too, I hope you would find a decent RQ ASAP as it takes some time to write if you want a good mark for your EE, and you will definitely procrastinate :P so start ASAP!

Good luck with your EE, hun!

• 2 months later...

In my case, my RQ is:

I still cant believe i asked this question...haha its so dumb.

Thank you though! :)<3