Sign in to follow this  

German ab initio orals

So I have already done a few orals (A1, B and Ab initio). All of them were quite easy do deal with. The talking part was simple, no nervousness, etc.

But i really do not like how our german teacher is grading our orals. i even asked her to let me download the oral to my computer and i listened it over a few times. i made two grammatical mistakes, but the whole speech was quite fluent and my answers to her questions were ok (this is where i made those two mistakes).

so my question is,

how fluent and complex does your ab initio oral have to be?

should my speech really be perfectly fluent and without a single gramatical mistake in order to get 28+?

what about your ab initio orals?

So I have already done a few orals (A1, B and Ab initio). All of them were quite easy do deal with. The talking part was simple, no nervousness, etc.

But i really do not like how our german teacher is grading our orals. i even asked her to let me download the oral to my computer and i listened it over a few times. i made two grammatical mistakes, but the whole speech was quite fluent and my answers to her questions were ok (this is where i made those two mistakes).

so my question is,

how fluent and complex does your ab initio oral have to be?

should my speech really be perfectly fluent and without a single gramatical mistake in order to get 28+?

what about your ab initio orals?

I could be totally wrong here, but from what I've seen of ab initio syllabi, the examiners do not look for perfect fluency and pronounciation. If you make one or 2 mistakes, it should be okay, as it is after all a beginner's course. But if you are fluent--it should help! :) From what I know, ab initio language requirements don't look for people to be 100% polished and refined speakers, but to have a good grasp of vocabulary and basic language skills--complexity isn't really an issue.