ToK Presentation OFFICIAL Guide

Keel

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

does the presentation have to relate directly to a WoK or AoK or can it be more general and just refer to them? Still trying to come up with my original idea...

Your presentation does not have to be explicitly about a WOK or AOK. Keel's example KI, "How do we know whether homosexuality is ‘natural’?" does not relate to any of these. However, if you don't focus on a specific WOK or AOK, like in the example "What is the role of reason in History?" you need to reference WOKs and AOKs in order to score well. Which you have to do anyways, it's a TOK presentation. :P Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys ! can you give me an advice or help with my TOK presentation? I am having my first Tok presentation so I was wondering if this is an ok knowledge issue '' How does social media affect our view of reality and behavior?'' I am planning to bring up those life situations : KONY 2012 video, and the arab spring, for instance how did social media was or is used as a method for the arab spring etc..

so i really need your opinion. ! thanks !! :D

Hi guys ! can you give me and advice or help with my TOK presentation? I am having my first Tok presentation so I was wondering if this is an ok knowledge issue '' How does social media affect our view of reality and behavior?'' I am planning to bring up those life situations : KONY 2012 video, and the arab spring, for instance how did social media was or is used as a method for the arab spring etc..

so i really need your opinion. ! thanks !! :D

I think the knowledge issue is pretty good since it is an issue that is faced in our day to day lives. You should work on the understanding of your knowledge issues and convince your audience that you are approaching it from a panoramic perspective with different examples and include your own personal involvement. As long as you do that and execute your presentation in such a way that you don't completely reject both sides of the argument and have a "balanced" view then you should pass with flying colors!

Oh and also stick to your assessment criteria. As long as all the areas are covered you have your work cut out for ya ;)

• Like 1

I have my TOK Presentation soon and i was wondering if my topic was any good. I am talking about Hitler and how do we know that he was evil. Not in the sense that what he did was right but more about how he as a person was not evil and insane. I was also wondering how many ways of knowing are needed for the TOK Presentation. Any replies would be extremely useful. Thanks.

I got a 19/20 on my presentation, it was on the Placebo effect. I don't know if different schools have different formats of presentation, but ours was in class and it needed some rehearsing and memorizing versus a video perhaps.

If anyone wants the script and the outline, feel free to PM me!~

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I got a 19/20 on my presentation, it was on the Placebo effect. I don't know if different schools have different formats of presentation, but ours was in class and it needed some rehearsing and memorizing versus a video perhaps.

If anyone wants the script and the outline, feel free to PM me!~

hi! is it alright if you can share your TOK presentation on the placebo effect? email me: @hotmail.com thank you so much appreciate it (:

Edited by Sandwich
Do not post email addresses publicly please.