100 posts

Guest Soiboist

Guest Soiboist

From some users I have heard that you need to post a hundred times in order to be able to download files, however there is no such thing stated in any topic or the FAQ where it only says that you need to be a VIP member. What about this 100 posts thing, does it give you permission to download files or not?

The admins/ moderators choose you to become VIP's if you have made a significant enough contribution to IBS as a whole. By contribution, I mean that you actually have helped people with questions they've asked and not just in the Chat/Games section.

Edited by nametaken

Guest Soiboist

I know, I have read that. What I am wondering is why some people (several actually) talk about a specific 100 posts limit for downloading though that it is not stated anywhere.

Edited by Soiboist

Just to clear things up, it is actually mentioned in this thread. Not so clearly, though, so I will briefly explain it to you.

To be able to download files, you must be a VIP.

To be a VIP, you can:

a) Purchase a VIP subscription, or

b) Contribute to the forum

About the second point, contribution can be in the form of posts, files (notes, IA samples), links, etc... Yes, if you have 100 posts, you will automatically become a VIP member because 100 posts are a lot and we assume that most of those are helpful and you have contributed quite a lot to the forum.

However, some users have been intentionally spamming. And once they get 100 posts, we stop them from being a VIP so that they cannot enjoy the files and some other "goods" of being a VIP until they make enough contribution to the forum.

On the other hand, there are also some users who are very helpful to the forum and have contributed a lot. Even though they haven't posted 100 posts, if we consider them as helpful enough, we will make them a VIP.

Anyhow, lately we had seen that getting 100 posts had become quite easy. We realised that the files that we have are precious treasures, and not everybody can just easily have access to them. After some discussions, we decided to increase the minimum post count requirement to 150 posts. So now, you need to get 150 posts to be a VIP. Please note that posts in the Chat, Games&Jokes and IB Chat forums are not counted towards this post count.

I hope an admin/supervisor will clarify this and add something later.

• Like 1

Simply:

This is all about becoming VIP, there are 3 ways:

1)Reaching 150 posts (chat posts do not count), this is what used to be 100 posts, it's called 'automatic membership after x posts'.

2)Purchasing the membership, 1 year: £8.00 or 2 years: £14.00

3)Contributing a lot of files, posting very useful and informative posts. (In this case it doesn't matter how many posts they have, we will give them the membership)

If there's anything you need to know feel free to contact us.

We will make it clearer in our FAQ page. :)

• Like 1