Portfolio Type I -- Patterns from Complex Numbers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

what does (generalize and prove your results for zn = a + bi, where /a+bi/ = 1) mean?

It's bullet point no. 11.

How can I generalize for it, because /a+bi/ = 1, means that zn = 1 or -1 or i or -i.

Thanks in advance. I need help urgently.

It's essentially just generalise the roots of unity. So what are the roots of unity for zn? If you've done the other parts, I can't see this being too hard. Proving it would be harder, but definitely possible.

Remember that 1 = cis(2k pi)

Edited by timtamboy63

It's essentially just generalise the roots of unity. So what are the roots of unity for zn? If you've done the other parts, I can't see this being too hard. Proving it would be harder, but definitely possible.

Remember that 1 = cis(2k pi)

The generalizing was easy, but I couldn't prove the conjecture for the distance between roots and the generalization for the roots of z^n = a+bi, where /a+bi/ = 1

How can you prove them?

I heard that the conjecture can be proved analytically but I don't know what does analytically mean.

Edited by bomaha

Bomaha,

generalizing.. basically what you do you dont need to prove really...you just put down an example and you should be fine...think of the magnitude od a+bi when it equals 1...so that if you have done the other parts it should be very easy to come to the conclusion..the unit circle thing helps a lot for the answer...if you are still not ask again...

• Like 1