Asking for advidce...

peter11liu

Time Management is key. It is either going to be your best friend or your worst enemy however it can be easily improved on during IB.

My second advice is to get as much sleep as possible, you'll definitely need it. Also it would be a good idea to have some sort of relaxation activity like sports and such. Otherwise, when you get the ulcer problems...wont be pretty.

Thats pretty much the changes I've made to my lifestyle for IB.

Hi world! I just signed up, and I have just received the message that I am accepted by IB. I just want to ask all you nice people about what IB is going to be like. Is it true that it's going to be horrible? Is it true that you will have absolutely no life and no time for a girlfriend?

It's not that bad. People tend to exaggerate it. You will have time for a girlfriend, but sometimes the workload is big and you might spend a week doing 2-3 hours of homework per day, and 9-10 hours during the weekend if you have an IA due.

Hey. Well all I keep hearing from older students is that, miss one day of doing homework and your screwed for 1 month. Cause you'll keep falling behind each night.

Not true. I only do homework for selected subjects when I feel like it and I'm ok. So is everyone else in my class.

IB isn't too bad...I'm halfway through IB1, am a terrible procrastinator, and so far I have good grades in all my IB classes. Personally I feel that it's the several harder topics in your classes that you just have to crunch down on, and then you'll be fine again. Think of it as being flexible - some weeks are lighter where I get around with 1-2 hours of work per night, and other weeks I work non-stop every day. I still have time for activities and relaxation.

P.S. In my school, IB's mostly open-enrolment (most people who want to take IB can do so), and I found that most of the people who were complaining were not focused in class, didn't go through rigorous courses in their pre-IB years and were not willing to put in work when necessary. Since you went through an application process, you should be fine :)

ok i play football and volleyball i workout all offseason and on weekends i get so ****ed up i dont ever remember them and im still managing to pass. I sleep through most my classes and im still passing. It is not hard at all just make the most of your time. just have fun and never overdo things ang youll make it through ib like a breeze. Chill and have fun daily or ull be on tv 4 commiting suicide

Most people make mistake by prejudice IB as time-killers and that you won't have social life at all! It's completely rubbish statement making by those procastinators! keep up all the works , do your best , enjoy your life and IB will be a pleasure time of your life. I enjoy IB so much that i don't want it to end in 2 years! because it gives us an advanced standing against other students and for the most part, it gives me so much experiences that i don't think i will ever have again.

Things can turn out to be good or bad depending upon your point of view...be optimistic and you won't regret taking IB for the rest of your life :)

To be completely honest, IB is as hard as you make it.

You have a decent amount of flexibility, and as long as you pick your classes right, then you won't have to worry about it. I have been able to maintain a 25hr/week job, working out for 1-2 hours at the gym 5 days a week, and I have a 4.2 GPA.

You'll survive. :-)