Caffeine: A User's Guide to Getting Optimally Wired

Afterglow

So it looks like I might need to pull an all-nighter due to a horrible planning and deadline and I sort of came across with this which I thought was interesting and thought I should share. :)

http://scienceblogs.com/developingintellig...affeine_use.php

Caffeine is the most widely used stimulant in the world, but few use it to maximal advantage. Get optimally wired with these tips.

1) Consume in small, frequent amounts.

2) Play to your cognitive strengths while wired.

3) Play to caffeine's strengths.

4) Know when to stop - and when to start again.

5) Finding good sources of caffeine

Read the whole article in the link posted above :D

that was quite interesting to read, but i try to use less coffee now.. it really makes you addicted :D

In addition, there are well-established cognitive effects where recall is best when it matches the context of encoding - so if you're caffeinated when you study for the test, you better be caffeinated when you take it.

i like this advice. as i've heard it is like memory-anchoring or something like that.. when you enter the state of being caffeinated, your brain recalls the memories and experiences that were felt earlier when studying and drinking coffee. and it does work..

i like this advice. as i've heard it is like memory-anchoring or something like that.. when you enter the state of being caffeinated, your brain recalls the memories and experiences that were felt earlier when studying and drinking coffee. and it does work..

We discussed that briefly in Psychology. Its called state dependent memory. It basically means that it is people are more likely to remember something when the are asked to recall the information and they are in the same state (in this case caffeinated).

Edited by flsweetheart422

• 1 month later...
We discussed that briefly in Psychology. Its called state dependent memory. It basically means that it is people are more likely to remember something when the are asked to recall the information and they are in the same state (in this case caffeinated).

so if you were to study when you were drunk its best to do your test drunk 2 ??

so if you were to study when you were drunk its best to do your test drunk 2 ??

In theory, yes. However, in practice, due to the fact that you are drunk, your brain is probably too busy thinking about how many different ways you could get the examiner to dance on one foot and leave the room, or something along those lines.

The theory works better with something like music. If you study a subject with a specific music genre, for example, taking the test with the same music will likely increase your performance.

In theory, yes. However, in practice, due to the fact that you are drunk, your brain is probably too busy thinking about how many different ways you could get the examiner to dance on one foot and leave the room, or something along those lines.

The theory works better with something like music. If you study a subject with a specific music genre, for example, taking the test with the same music will likely increase your performance.

highly unlikely that you would be allowed to listen to music while doing an exam though :D

that was quite interesting to read, but i try to use less coffee now.. it really makes you addicted :P

Oh really? This is really interesting! Thanks for the advice :P

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I don't drink coffee very often ,I prefer tea, and like greakamprincess caffeine doesn't affect me. If I was to become addicted to anything I would like it to be gin, like Karen of Will & Grace, Karen is my hero and I love gin and tonics so coffee really isn't on my list.

Edited by Bandev

I heard that caffiene is all in your head.... so if you think that you will react to caffiene then you will.... but its becoming a popular product so i guess it has to have some kind of backing to it.... occasionally I drink tea and that seems to help a bit, but if you are really looking for a pick me up use adderol it keeps you awake for days and then you crash thats the only downfall but in the mean time you are extremely effective at everything you do...