Baking

nuka

so what do you guys like to cook? or bake?

i prefer baking myself.. it's much more fun.

last week, i went for this creme brulee making course. it was amazing! i didn't know it was so simple :D

all i need to get at home is a blow torch, and i'm all set.. haha XD

please share recipes if you have them! :)

I didn't use to like baking much but I'm gradually growing to enjoy it because the people I live with are really enthusiastic about it :P I've made various cakes, cheesecakes, brownies (the recipe I have is amazing for brownies), tarts etc.

Baking is, IMO really easy. It's also very non-experimental. It's just about having a precise formula and following it. If you do that, it never really goes wrong.

Personally I prefer general cooking :D Experimental and with way more flavours. To some extent you can just make it up as you go along. Also less time sitting and watching an oven/weighing things out. Not all of my experiments have worked, but quite a few have. I tend to cook for my flatmates in exchange for cake ;)

I absolutely love baking but I'm so terrible at it when I try to bake from scratch. Give me a box with directions and I'm fine but with a handed-down recipe everything is a mess. Though this is probably somehow related to my horrid cooking skills I still like to think my culinary skills aren't totally bad. :D

I LOVE THIS THREAD :yes:

i learned how to bake this year, i've been going all around the house baking everything i can find in my nana's cook books.

lets see, (IN MY OPINION) i've perfected:

Creme Brulee

Cheese Cake

Red velvet muffins/ cake

Chocolate puffs

Hot fudge cookies

chocolate truffles

well that is it, really cause i'm a full time IB student. but i love baking sweets :D

Oh, I also love this tread. I don't like cooking very much, I'm not good at it, I'm not brave enough to try mixing things, I can only cook with a very specific recipes and I also have problems with touching raw meat. Impossible to explain, but I do. However, I totally adore baking and from everyone says, I'm quite good at it. I've absolutely mastered chocolate chip shortbread, pink apple pie and white chocolate and walnuts cake. But when I bake, I have one rule: no one can ever enter the kitchen. If someone does and, what's even worse, tries to give me "good" advice, I can as well throw everything out, it's never edible. But it's something I adore immensely, even though nobody would every suspect me of that.

Unless they try my shortbread. Then I only hear: can you make more? :D

• 1 month later...

I love to cook. Baking, not so much. To me, baking is not at all relaxing. I get more stressed than ever and nothing ever turns out right anyways!

Ah, cooking. More freedom- you don't have to mix it a certain way for results. And I'm not really a fan of sweets either, but I love savory. I am seriously in love with my spice cabinet and spice merchant. :hug: My favourite thing to do is take a very basic dish, say eggs, and mix in a random concoction. So delicious! Have you ever had eggs with paprika and cinnamon?