Rewriting notes onto a computer!

stylusdef

Yes it helps. For the memory courses, I take my binder home on the weekend and type the notes I made for that week. Not only does it clear up confusions that teachers make by not teaching things in order, but typing them and forces yourself to re-read the notes makes it easier to study later. In addition, typed notes are easy to reorganize so at the end of the semester you can change things to an order that makes most sense to you for exam studying :D .

Edited by KFC

This year I type my notes straight on my computer. At my school laptops are recommended for IB students to connect to the wireless network, etc, so we are allowed to write our notes on them. I'm not sure what the ethics are concerned with this...I want to do well in IB, of course, so not sure if I should keep handwritten records as well. Er...

To be honest, I wouldn't waste my time typing stuff up again on the computer. Some may say that it's good revision, but in my opinion, you don't actually revise anything, you just mechanically copy stuff as quickly as possible.

Besides I don't even think notes are vital if there's a proper textbook available. Therefore, I agree with Sauliooz

But what if you do history and always summarize the different areas (eg WWII) on your computer. Let's say you manage to "break down" every 20 pages from your textbook into 5 pages on your computer, wouldn't this save you a huge amount of time when studying for your final exams?

I have done that for sections that I need to know.

My teacher doesn't give us notes so I have no choice but to summarize my books.

Tedious, but it has to be done... otherwise I'd never learn.

Mind you, I don't summarize the whole book though!

However, at the rate we're going in history, I may just have to.

in ES i type the keywords + explanation in the WORD notebook... then it's easy to hide the explanations and just se the keywords in a concise form, and if i want to see more about something I don't fully understand, it's just to click it...

I'm going to do that in psychology as well, when I find the time and the motivation. Information about each view, and a couple of studies. but then it's going to be flashcards.

I think if u re write notes from biology are good ^^ Since there are so much to learn form bio, u can typ in the silly and type int the answeres. When u are done typing in everything, just print it out and read it when u have time. I think its easier to memorize everything from it but i only do it for biology ;p

Personally i prefer to type and i type for every of my courses except Math right into my computer...i hate my handwriting plus i wanna save enrgy and be organized!!

i think it's very important to keep track of your notes and it make your life a lot easier when it comes to final exam. Everyone said it all = =

so anyway one quick note... i think most people use Microsoft Word to type their note....i rather use Microsoft OneNote which you can find in your microsoft office if you buy the student one, professional and above. I found it's really good because it keeps track of everything. Once you start a new note, it enter automatically a current date and time according to your computer. It also saves by itself and you can organize your note into several 'binders', 'sections', etc. :( It make my note even more organized and there are many other cool functions!

post-1591-1203475394_thumb.jpg