NaNoWriMo

Pwhdavey

oo I'm amused! this sounds like the thing I've been looking for. It's usually the style I write essays in because my brain is not fully functional to produce cohesive paragraphs. but I never thought of doing it on a 50k scale!

I'm in as well, but I'll have to rearrange my writing schedule as I plan to be otherwise engaged from the 10th till the 15th of Nov :P

oo I'm amused! this sounds like the thing I've been looking for. It's usually the style I write essays in because my brain is not fully functional to produce cohesive paragraphs. but I never thought of doing it on a 50k scale!

I'm in as well, but I'll have to rearrange my writing schedule as I plan to be otherwise engaged from the 10th till the 15th of Nov :P

Woo, another platform we can compete on (and another thing you copied me in). Will be observing you every step of the way! (are you actually going to *do* something from the 10th to the 15th? is this possible?)

I'd love to, but I honestly have no idea what to write about.

My sentiments, basically. It would be a fun experiment but I'm a lousy writer when it comes to interesting plotlines and the like. :)

I think that's the point, lol. Unless you have a heck of a lot of time, or scary amounts of determination, what you have on your hands in December is not a novel. But you will have written 50,000 words, and you'll have had some fun (hopefully) and you will almost certainly get a whole lot better. No restrictions, no standards, no judges (unless you are Lc, in which case you have all three)

Go for it!

I think that's the point, lol. Unless you have a heck of a lot of time, or scary amounts of determination, what you have on your hands in December is not a novel. But you will have written 50,000 words, and you'll have had some fun (hopefully) and you will almost certainly get a whole lot better. No restrictions, no standards, no judges (unless you are Lc, in which case you have all three)

Go for it!

You're probably right. :P I signed up anyway, who knows what might come of it.

Go for it!

Hmm, very true. I think I'll attempt it this year! I meant to do it last year, but got easily distracted. Does it count for CAS? :P

• 2 weeks later...

I did it last year because what else was a girl to do when she had finished uni and had no money to travel? :P This year...well I suppose if I cut into work time hehe I can probably get 50k too, but have no idea what to write about. Bleh. Then again what I wrote last year resembled a novel. I might try this year with no idea and see what gibberish I come up with :no:

• 1 month later...

30000 words and counting. Main character has just been caught after infiltrating a mafia hideout where there accidentally just had been a small war between the russian mafia and a Triad. Then he somehow got into a very interesting game of russian roulette with slightly diffrent rules.