High school transcript help

chileanbob

Well, as if you couldn't tell (lol) I plan to go to UF in Gainesville. However, I was wondering if anybody knows what exactly goes on the transcript that the colleges see. Does the transcript include only semester grades or does it also include quarter grades and midterm/final exam grades? Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Well, as if you couldn't tell (lol) I plan to go to UF in Gainesville. However, I was wondering if anybody knows what exactly goes on the transcript that the colleges see. Does the transcript include only semester grades or does it also include quarter grades and midterm/final exam grades? Any help would be appreciated.

:)

the way it works in canada (ontario) your transcript will include only the final grades for all the completed courses that you have ever taken in highschool!

hope that helped :)

In Saskatchewan, you have to send the grades from the classes that are mandatory for you to recieve your provincial diploma... i.e, here you have to have completed at least Math 20, one 30 level science, English 30, one 30 level social science, and two 30 level electives I believe. So basically you can pick and choose, like if somebody were to take Physics, Bio, and Chem, all at the 30 level, they could merely pick their highest scoring class, same with social sciences and electives. If there is a course that requires certain classes for admittance, you have to put all of those grades on your transcript too.

Hopefully that made sense.

Hello I'm from florida, and colleges do not see your quarter or exam grades.

All they see is the class name and semester grade.

don't forget your GPA, and your class rank. i know that those really matter to get into UF.

UF also wants to see leadership skills. many IB diaplmoa canidates the are floridian residant apply to go there so it has. gotton much harder over the years.

some trascripts can show what you got on all of your ACTs and SATs, and for other schools it is seperate transcript. for my school it was 2 different ons so i had them both sent to UF.

good luck when it comes time for you to apply. it should be a little easier because you are a FL resident.

i used to be a florida residant and then moved during my junior year out of south FL, and when i applied to UF, and i waited and waited to get in and then was given the disapointment of not getting into ther, really showed me how hard it was to get into the school. i had three leadership positions, have a 3.95 something GPA and top 11% at my school, am a Diaploma canidate, and i still didn't get in. i think if i still lived in FL i would have gotten in.

don't forget your GPA, and your class rank. i know that those really matter to get into UF.

UF also wants to see leadership skills. many IB diaplmoa canidates the are floridian residant apply to go there so it has. gotton much harder over the years.

some trascripts can show what you got on all of your ACTs and SATs, and for other schools it is seperate transcript. for my school it was 2 different ons so i had them both sent to UF.

good luck when it comes time for you to apply. it should be a little easier because you are a FL resident.

i used to be a florida residant and then moved during my junior year out of south FL, and when i applied to UF, and i waited and waited to get in and then was given the disapointment of not getting into ther, really showed me how hard it was to get into the school. i had three leadership positions, have a 3.95 something GPA and top 11% at my school, am a Diaploma canidate, and i still didn't get in. i think if i still lived in FL i would have gotten in.

ick. thats no fun.

When you say that you had a 3.95GPA did you mean weighted or unweighted?

Like about half the kids I go to school with, I have wanted to go to UF since I was like 5. Recently I was quite disappointed to find out that they don't have and International Business major. I am currently aiming for a double major in Marketing and International Business.

It is surprising how difficult it is to get into UF sometimes. One of the kids last year had a 4.22 WGPA, IB Diploma Candidate, all state kicking in football, and a 1400 on the math and reading portions of the SAT. he didn't get in. Why I have no idea.

I'm in south Florida, I know that like 5 of my senior friends got into UF last week with like 1 or 2 extra cirriculars, As Bs and even a few Cs on their high school grades, yet I dunno their SATs/ACTs AND YET my other friend who got like a 1300 SAT, had like 5 extra cirriculars, did not get accepted. That sucks. =[

(Plus, what'll I do if I don't get accepted? Throw away all my Gator stuff? =P lol cuz I know I won't be wearing it at FSU, lest I want to get killed x.x)

I'm in Virginia, but I have a copy of my transcript in front of me. I'll just list the items that are present (:

[school name] [Grade] [month/year I finished the grade]

[location of school]

[total # of days school was in session] [# of days absent] [# of days present]

[Course name] [year grade] [# of credit course confers - usually 1]

(repeat for each course I took during the year)

[# of credits attempted] [# of credits completed] [year GPA]

Repeat for each year of high school. All they see is the annual grade, if my transcript is anything to go by.

@Chileanbob: Nothing on your other friend, of course, and 1300/1600 on the SAT is respectable, but I think it might be possible that UF, being a large school, is very much a numbers game. Those senior friends might have gotten spectacular SAT/ACT scores which could have played a huge role in admissions, more than the extracurriculars. I think colleges are also more concerned about what you do in ECs (president, etc.) than the absolute number of ECs you do. Also, I know nothing about this, but said friend might not have met residency requirements to be considered in-state and thus admissions became exponentially tougher. Sometimes I wish I could read the mind of admissions officers, too =/

Good luck to you (:

ick. thats no fun.

When you say that you had a 3.95GPA did you mean weighted or unweighted?

Like about half the kids I go to school with, I have wanted to go to UF since I was like 5. Recently I was quite disappointed to find out that they don't have and International Business major. I am currently aiming for a double major in Marketing and International Business.

It is surprising how difficult it is to get into UF sometimes. One of the kids last year had a 4.22 WGPA, IB Diploma Candidate, all state kicking in football, and a 1400 on the math and reading portions of the SAT. he didn't get in. Why I have no idea.

it was wighted. (i am really bad at math and chem) but thier acceptance rate this year was really low for anyone applying next years.

this is what i was told

"they only had a 37% acceptance rate

the lowest in any florida schools history"

good luck to all

at chileanbob: you most deffinatly couldn't wear a gator at FSU... you have to convert.... i used to work for a couple, and one was a UF alumni and the other FSU.... they butted head over me, when i sadi i was applting to UF

Edited by IBStuck

• 3 months later...