The Model UN Thread

davshere

I did this for the first time the other day as I expected it to be more or less like formal debating/European Youth Parliament, only on international topics. I was pretty upset when it wasn't! I realise this is a bit of a random comment, but I don't get what's so enjoyable/exciting about it-- it's slow and you can't argue properly. Either we missed something out, or there weren't even proper points of information which were open for debate :(

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have already been to GEMUN last year in Genoa,Italy and it was a GREAT experience,especially because the commitee I was in (Special Conference,Burkina Faso) made me revise thoroughly and gave me case studies for Paper 1 Geo HL.

This year I'm going to be in PAMUN and THIMUN...is anybody else going there?

I went to Qatar MUN 2010 which was awesome, It was a truly cosmopolitan MUN, and there were a lot of IB students in that MUN.

The only bad thing about it is the fact that it ended.

It was a great one indeed!

What committee were you in?

• 5 weeks later...

I participated in BratMUN 3 times and some tiny very very crap MUN in Warsaw once. BratMUN is MUN in Bratislava, Slovakia by the way :P

i was Nepal, then China and then Israel for the 3 BratMUNs. Fortunately i was in the committee that discussed the Israel and Palestine conflict so i had plenty of fun debating over who gets Jerusalem and all that :)

in my opinion, MUNs are always fun and its a good excuse to miss school and meet new people to hang out with 8-)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can anyone actually explain me the new CAS system?? There's been changes in the hours thing and etc. ...

And just one question, everyone is talking about MUN buuut, who pays for your trips?? o.O because in our school, we are the ones who have to pay :/

Can anyone actually explain me the new CAS system?? There's been changes in the hours thing and etc. ...

And just one question, everyone is talking about MUN buuut, who pays for your trips?? o.O because in our school, we are the ones who have to pay :/

We have to pay for ours as well...

What do you mean by the new CAS system? Do you mean specifically for MUN? Or in general for CAS?