IB/AP Exam Dates

flsweetheart422

My school allows us to test for certain subjects before our final year of IB.

For example I'm currently taking IB Math SL as an IB Junior, and my class has already completed both IAs and will test for IB Math SL in May. I think I may also be testing for IB Psychology SL this year also but I’m not positive.

At my school we also take AP Exams for the AP equivalent to the IB courses we take.

For example, I took IB Psychology 1 SL and I will take the AP Psychology Exam in May.

Other classes that we are taking AP exams for include AP United States History (IB History of the Americas), AP Lit (IB English 3), AP Lang (IB English 4), AP Calculus (IB Math HL), AP Biology (IB Biology), etc.

Does your school allow students to test for certain subjects before their final year of diploma candidacy? Do you take the exams for the AP equivalent to your classes?

At my school the first year of an IB class is an AP Class. For example AP Psych is taken as a junior then Psych HL is taken as a senior. With math you take AP Calc as a junior then either SL or HL as a senior. You take AB for math SL or BC for HL. Im in AP Psych as a sophmore cause I didnt want to take IB Psych.

But for IB classes then taking both exams...they do it with sciences. If you have an A average and the teacher recomends you you can take the AP Enviro exam as a Junior when you take it SL or AP Chem as a Senior in your last year as a Chem HL student. They rarely do it thow.

For SL course we take them for 1 year - either as a junior or senior - and then take the exam. For HL you take the first year as a junior, the second as a senior, and then take the test.

For AP courses you can just take the test even if you never took the course. I took IB prep government and I'm taking the AP test this year to (hopefully) get college credit.