IB Spirit!

Delione

Well my teacher sstarted up some IB spirit talk. People are talking about what is the IB spirit?

For my own opinion, when we helps each other with IAs (not helpning to do it but like read it and give opinion) and well do IB stuff together, it is IB spirit...

But what do u guys think IB spirit is? :D

Hah, if that's what IB spirit is, then our school is lacking completely.

Everyone is out for themselves in my class.

No unity and friendship whatsoever.

I think that's part of the reason why I don't like IB.

haha then my class have no not much Ib spirit, oki we help each other by reading the IA or EE to give opinion but u know we are like using each other :D

We have studie groups outside schools so we can study together but no one goes there since everybody are so lazy

But then again...So everyone in your class are by themselves it must be boring :D

Nah, I wouldn't say boring.

Our class picks fights with each other during classes, amusing to watch actually.

But emotionally draining.

And, I'm "friends" (I use this term lightly) with a couple, so we do have good times I guess.

We just don't help each other with school work.

Nah, I wouldn't say boring.

Our class picks fights with each other during classes, amusing to watch actually.

But emotionally draining.

And, I'm "friends" (I use this term lightly) with a couple, so we do have good times I guess.

We just don't help each other with school work.

haha then a tiny tiny I spirit exist in your class ^^

The IB class at my school (46 of us) have made our own little forum haha. We post up links to sites, past papers etc and generally answer each other's questions on that forum.

It's quite nice actually, we're all like a big family :P .

We also stay up late pulling all nighters together and we periodically message one another on msn to provide encouragement haha. It's amusing to see everyone's word count in their msn names (not so much when you realize how slow you are though :\).

The IB class at my school (46 of us) have made our own little forum haha. We post up links to sites, past papers etc and generally answer each other's questions on that forum.

It's quite nice actually, we're all like a big family :P .

We also stay up late pulling all nighters together and we periodically message one another on msn to provide encouragement haha. It's amusing to see everyone's word count in their msn names (not so much when you realize how slow you are though :\).

IB spirit!! wow u guys really have it!

We also have a mail account there we share oure stuff together but not much ;p

• 3 weeks later...
there use to be so much cmpetiton in the school i go to now with IAs in math and such that if somone asked for help, they would tell the person how to do it wrong, but make them think it was the right way to do it.

Wow, it's just sad to see kids at each-other's throats that much and all because of IB. :0 If it was this way at my school I would have dropped IB with in the first week. We help each-other as much as possible and never hold back information from fellow classmates - I mean, we're all in this together, right? I tried to get a forum started, but only like three people get on it (most likely because no-body really cares...) any tips on how to make it more popular?

Wow, it's just sad to see kids at each-other's throats that much and all because of IB. :0 If it was this way at my school I would have dropped IB with in the first week. We help each-other as much as possible and never hold back information from fellow classmates - I mean, we're all in this together, right? I tried to get a forum started, but only like three people get on it (most likely because no-body really cares...) any tips on how to make it more popular?

Haha, your school is like mine :D . We all help each other out and we already have a forum up with all 46 of us as members. Umm I'm not sure how to make it more popular but what we did was we started it in September 2007 and people added past papers on it, notes, good websites etc on it for resources. We also put up like a calendar of due dates and deadlines for everything. People also post up their own class notes there so if someone missed a class or whatnot then we all have the notes. More people go on during exam time or IA crunch time haha to look for help and we have a "random" thread too where we post funny IB videos, comics, games etc. Did you tell all the IBers about the forum already/

I passed out some pieces of paper with the site and what it's about and all, but still no one gets on... I guess it's because they have no reason. We get 4 or 5 coming on when we have labs due in chem but that's the max. It doesn't help that I don't like to take the 'leadership' role and I'm not too good at it. I guess I should try and get our coordinator involved to spread the word some and (hopefully) get some CAS hours.

Wow, it's just sad to see kids at each-other's throats that much and all because of IB. :0 If it was this way at my school I would have dropped IB with in the first week. We help each-other as much as possible and never hold back information from fellow classmates - I mean, we're all in this together, right?

that was a few years ago. when we get IB exams for take home final and mid-terms, we all go to a local internet cafe and work on it as a group... beofree we go though the teachers always warn us not to copy coz she knows we are all going... she considers stopping in sometimes...but she never shows up. :D

• 2 weeks later...

in a high school of 4,000 our 70 Ib juniors have some sort of IB spirit I suppose. ...well. there certianly is no huge cut throat competition with each other. Theres two or three major cliques, but pretty much anyone will talk to anyone else. ...and help them if they can. sometimes too much... theres certainly a fair share of math-homework copying during lunch

the most IB spirit I could think of is the feeling of commraderie (sp?) when everyone is sleeping through history after pulling all nighters on one of our huge English assignments

I suppose our school has something that could be labelled as IB spirit. I mean, we all help each other out with IA's and everything and stuff like that but on top of that, everyone gets along because we all know we're all going to be screwed over by this whole this and its like thinking, you're about to die, so why not make the most of it and hav some fun with the people who going to be dying with you?

IB Spirit? What's that?

Haha nah, in all seriousness, I think most people in the IB in my school are getting a little apathetic. Which is NOT good... exams are in a month and a bit!

But we do help each other. >.< Some of us share notes, we share past papers, some go to tuition together, some revise together... we're a pretty close-knit year, there's only around 30 of us. The thing is, we UNDERSTAND the insanity that we're going through. People who don't do the IB just don't understand!