Anyone with IB stress?

Delione

Hi everyone!

Wonder if anyone have IB stress.

I woke up last week and feel wierd... didnt have nightmare but i just feel...wierd not normal.

Went to school to have my lesson, didnt talk to anyone and I just listen to my teachers talk. I had my lesson like a normal day but still i feel wierd.

Suddely out of no where i started to cry, im not the only one who cry but there was some other girls to. My mentor come and said "IB stress this year again"

It looks like every year people get this IB stress.

In my case I cried non-stop and ended up I must go home and rest.

A bit emaressed when i took the train since i keep crying all the way home until my mom come home from work. The next day my eye looks like a gold fish eye. so Stayed home.

Other people have IB stress such as having nightmare of the Exam, eating problem etc.

Just wonder if anyone here have IB stress like me maybe?

The Crying Ib stress ;p

I've seen people break down during lunch over Chem stuff - like completely go crazy and start destroying food and papers and stuff, and I think this one guy has gone paranoid (but maybe that's partially because we keep taking his stuff for fun =D ) but I have never seen someone cry...

That happened to me 2 years ago, in November (IB1).

I blame it all on english HL :D . In that one month, we had a formal essay, creative assignment, plus an in class test (which consisted of a commentary followed by a formal essay) for EVERY work that we did.

We did 5 works: The Educated Imagination, Mad Shadows, A Streetcar Named Desire, 1984, and Oedipus Rex.

And for some of the works, we also had to do a seminar. On top of that, we also had to do IOPs.

So yeah, I pretty much broke down and cried endlessly throughout November :D .

Oh and we had our stupid CPT to do too (comparitive essay on two novels).

Edited by __inthemaking

I've seen people break down during lunch over Chem stuff - like completely go crazy and start destroying food and papers and stuff, and I think this one guy has gone paranoid (but maybe that's partially because we keep taking his stuff for fun =D ) but I have never seen someone cry...

haha then im the first one u see who cry because of IB stress ^^

But I also met a guy who had IB stress, he was so stressed and during a english lesson he throw the book out from the window ans started to scream... it was scary I tell ya >_______<

That happened to me 2 years ago, in November (IB1).

I blame it all on english HL :D . In that one month, we had a formal essay, creative assignment, plus an in class test (which consisted of a commentary followed by a formal essay) for EVERY work that we did.

We did 5 works: The Educated Imagination, Mad Shadows, A Streetcar Named Desire, 1984, and Oedipus Rex.

And for some of the works, we also had to do a seminar. On top of that, we also had to do IOPs.

So yeah, I pretty much broke down and cried endlessly throughout November :D .

Oh and we had our stupid CPT to do too (comparitive essay on two novels).

yay then two form this place with crying IB stress!! Two poeple in da club!! :D

Haha, yeah, happens to me at least once a month.

I had only finished mocks two weeks ago and I just never stopped.

The day after my terrible math exam I had to work on CAS, then WL2, then Labs etc.

Then my best friend told me he's gone to nationals for baseball on the day of my grad.

And then BAM I'm a mess of emotions and I started crying and then took the next day off haha.

I dunno, it's just been stressful times.

And it's not as if it's all IB stress either.

But it is a large portion of the stress.

Not only that, but when my class gets stressed as a whole...

Well, it's not a very healthy environment.

We're just constantly bitching at each other, even in front of our teachers or in the middle of class.

I come home drained everyday.

Blahhh

Is there any IB student without IB stress? :D

IB only made me cry once but it was weird. I came home after school and cried hysterically for at least 2 hours for no apparent reason. Scared the hell out of my sister who was then 5. Everyone asked me what was wrong and I couldn't tell them because I didn't even know what was wrong. I know it had to do with school, thus IB, but had no idea what exactly it was (still don't). I mean, IAs were finished, I wasn't close enough to exams to have felt panicky, school was fine that day.

My best friend burst into tears right after her history mock exam when she thought she didn't do so well and it would ruin her predicted grade and her chances for uni. She ended up getting a 7 in that exam anyway so it didn't matter. But it took us ages to calm her down, and our history teacher had to assure her that her predicted was based on more than just mock results.

Yeah, usually at our school at least once a year somebody leaves the room crying... I've nearly had breakdowns during math exams, and I've definitely had the crying episodes at home...

As for nightmares, almost all of mine are school related, hahaha. My personal favourite, was one in which English class turned into math class... We were to write a timed essay on The Life of Pi, and the essay question was "If 2x + y = Pi, how much as Pi suffered?". I've had others where I am writing timed essays, and I handed them in early, before remembering that I hadn't written a conclusion. Actually I could probably write a small book about my school/English HL nightmares, hahaha.

Yeah, usually at our school at least once a year somebody leaves the room crying... I've nearly had breakdowns during math exams, and I've definitely had the crying episodes at home...

As for nightmares, almost all of mine are school related, hahaha. My personal favourite, was one in which English class turned into math class... We were to write a timed essay on The Life of Pi, and the essay question was "If 2x + y = Pi, how much as Pi suffered?". I've had others where I am writing timed essays, and I handed them in early, before remembering that I hadn't written a conclusion. Actually I could probably write a small book about my school/English HL nightmares, hahaha.

haha yeah! a friend of mine dream that she went to do her Econ exam...but somehow she wrote about psychology and when she only have 5 min left she saw it. She suffer form these kinds of nightmares...feels so sorry about it...im happy i just have the crying IB stress ^^

Yeah I've broken down, I was eating from a box of cookies while I was trying to figure out a whole topic of Chem basically the night before a big test and at one point i just couldn't take it so I flung the box across the room and started talking to myself about how pointless all this was.

And tonight I have a Math HL assignment to finish for tomorrow, and English A1 Commentary to finish for tomorrow, and whole lot of physics to catch up on. STRESS AGHHH!@#$%^&

I'm going to submit my BIIIIG tip to this discussion, as it helped save me from crazy freak out moments.

When you are overloaded, make a list of everything that needs to be done. From easiest to hardest. Then take the first item on the list, and just do it. The first item only. Nothing else. Once that is done, rinse and repeat.

The hardest part about the IB is that you feel like you have to do 1000000 billion things at the same time.. The trick is to do things one at a time, and eventually it finishes itself. Don't think about the next thing you have to do until you have finished the first. :P

Yeah, I do that list thing mentally and it helps. When I started IB I would worry way to much on all the stuff I had to do and then end up doing everything so crappy trying to just get them done that I had to re-do them. But this way helps, like last weekend I had a ton of stuff to do and I barely got any free time. I organized them in my mind and got some of the little stuff out of the way and then focused one some of the big stuff. At one point I had like three things left to do and I kept rotating between them because I didn't feel like doing any of them =D. I ended up reading to, ummm, clear my mind...

I've had a month of stress this February. I sleep for 8 hours, and if I wake up, there's no point because it's like I haven't slept. And then barrages of work. I don't really crumple under the stress, so that's fine. I just get incredibly sleepless.