Anyone with IB stress?

Delione

I've had a month of stress this February. I sleep for 8 hours, and if I wake up, there's no point because it's like I haven't slept. And then barrages of work. I don't really crumple under the stress, so that's fine. I just get incredibly sleepless.

8 hours of sleep PER NIGHT?! If so, lucky you :0. My world lits are due tomorrow. I've had 7 hours of sleep in the past 2 days.

Wow. Im in my last year of pre-ib and Math is really challenging. I find my self stressed out cause of math homework staying up so late and practicing over and over again. The style of IB is so much different than regular schools.

Well now we know that IB loves to give stress to people :P

IB stress is killing me right now espicaly with my IA in Psych-SL, our teacher just gave us back our data after reviewing it yesterday and today wanted rough drafts on our Discussion and Results today which is why i posted so late last night. I'm also running into the fact I don't think I can trust my teachers grading scale compared to the IB one because there were multiple kids in Psych-SL last year who failed all the rough copies and did barely any changes and got 6s and even one 7.

Offical IB induced breakdown 5 occured between March 05, 2008 at 20:30 est and March 06, 2008 01:30 EST

Gosh!!! Only "7 weeks left" until the final examinations! I am damn stressed.. It is Saturday night. I was invited to a party but stayed home studying for my last mocks which I will have next week. Found a list of notes on this site now but cannot download them =( Donno yet how this thing works, why don't I have access..

I'm freaking out. The mocks now are important for our predicted grades. And there is just a bunch of mess in my head cause of the stress.

And about sleep.. yeah same here.. all the time.. too little sleep

Edited by Nelle88

Last time I'm so stressed. IB stress is killing me :lol:

I try thinking that I don't want to be the best ( I don't really want it, just to be OK for myself), but all these dead-lines and too little time makes me crazy...

I woke up feeling weird (like you :D ), a morning cup of coffee make me this illusion feeling of control over my life and I start working on a high-vibes... I came back home and have a break down. I try overcome it exercising a lot and doing outdoor sports - it makes me feel better :lol:

I think the best way to prevent yourself from breaking down is to talk to your friends. Alot. Cos once you start talking/complaining to them the things you have to do, you'll get a whole bunch of lists that they have to do; it will make you realise that you are not the only one who is going through the nightmare and start to think that everything will turn out fine. Also they may give you helpful advices which can really save you at times. :hug:

Hope this helped.

i think it is a natural thing to feel!

this past week i have broken down in tears at least once everyday, i feel as if i can not afford time to rest and i am suffering from severe depression.

i find the easiest way to handle 'IB stress' (because it's a specimen on stress in itself) is to concentrate on 'the now' organise homework for the night and if you want to think ahead then set goals for the weeks. re-evaluate your progress at the end of the week and do it all again. Ib is hard and stressful but remember that it will all be worth it in the end....at least that's what i tell myself!

goodluck, we are all with you!

caddy

I agree with CCLemon. Talking to your friends about it all really does help. It's especially fun when you all collectively hate a bit of work everyone had to do because then you all just complain and bitch about it, the teacher who gave it to you and anyone in your class who found it easy. For me, its kind of a reliever /reminder. I'm really disorganised so i'l hav stayed up doing something then on the train complained to my friend about it who'll turn around and say what?! how come you spent so much time on that? didnt you know our chem pracs are due today too!? And in that way i know i hav a chem prac to write up in first period and morning break >.<

I suppose, since I do this pretty much every morning, I havnt actually had a full on IB stress induced breakdown. I'm actually quite intrigued... I'm not an overly emotional person usually so I reckon it'd be an interesting experience to just break down and cry for no other reason than knowing that if you cried now, you might not get your tok essay down for tomorrow morning.

[iB Stress]Last night it hit me that I only have 39 days until exams. That resulted in a huge headache and now I'm feeling stomach sick. I'm kind of glad this happened now rather than say... the day before exams haha. So now I'm pulling my ass in gear and I'm going to camp out in the library until further notice. [/iB Stress]

I can't believe it came so fast!

[iB Stress]Last night it hit me that I only have 39 days until exams. That resulted in a huge headache and now I'm feeling stomach sick. I'm kind of glad this happened now rather than say... the day before exams haha. So now I'm pulling my ass in gear and I'm going to camp out in the library until further notice. [/iB Stress]

I can't believe it came so fast!

I completely agree! I'm in year 1 of IB and I can't believe that it's almost over! And I'm completely stressed out about the exams because it feels like we've been covering material for about 5 years and I have to go back and review it all. I think I'm going to have to disconnect myself from everything and go study. :D