Anyone with IB stress?

Delione

Ever since Iv been accepted into IB i have fallen into a continuous cycle of stress followed by ....more stresss. After big projects and important pieces of homework, i usually feel good but then comes the slew of assignments to force me back into the cycle. Thats why I look forward to the breaks all time, the sooner the better hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

During hectic times I have found myself in sudden states of extreme stress, mood swings, fits of anger, just to name a few. Perhaps this is an exaggeration, but many of my friends are experiencing the same thing. At the moment I'm enjoying the two week holiday (although I have a TOK and an English essay to do) and I don't want it to end!!

I just got back from a study tour to China (it was fantastic) and I just had the most hectic 1st week of term ever. Had to restart my EE from scratch, start my tok essay, finalise my world lit draft, start planning uni registrations, start rehersals with a new wind symph, organise two other cas activities for this term, do the paperwork for those activities, start preparing for my A1 oral commentaries, chase up photo evidence for my group 4 work and on top of that, jetlag, lack of sleep and i was sorely missing someone i was close to on the tour. *sigh* wat a crap start to the term =_=

*EDIT: i suppose this should actually go in the rant section... right?

Edited by lorenzo

I find that meditation helps to relieve stress. I basically just try to think of nothing. Nothing at all. Try it sometime. The best way is to have crossed legs, back straight, head slightly turned down, arms relaxed in your lap, and eyes neither completely open or completely closed. Once you manage to be able to clear your mind, you will feel no stress. Be warned, if you meditate away all undesirable emotions, like worry, you will end up not worrying about deadlines. This happened to me once. I had to stop meditating for awhile.

I find that meditation helps to relieve stress. I basically just try to think of nothing. Nothing at all. Try it sometime. The best way is to have crossed legs, back straight, head slightly turned down, arms relaxed in your lap, and eyes neither completely open or completely closed. Once you manage to be able to clear your mind, you will feel no stress. Be warned, if you meditate away all undesirable emotions, like worry, you will end up not worrying about deadlines. This happened to me once. I had to stop meditating for awhile.

I completely agree! I go to a combination yoga and meditation class 2 Saturdays a month. It's VERY helpful for relieving stress, but it isn't so much that I stop worrying about deadlines. :yes:

Another method that I found helps with meditation is to set your alarm for while you're doing it so that you don't have to keep opening your eyes to check the clock to make sure you aren't late for something (and it keeps you from getting TOO relaxed). :P

• 3 weeks later...

I always start crying the day after all-nighters. :\

I don't think IB is that stressful.. not yet. It's a lot to do, but I don't mind, as long as there is time left to do everything, and there always is. I do procrastinate, but I don't think it's a problem as long as I can feel that I had had time to do it if I wanted :) Besides, I hate not being stressed. It makes life feel pointless.

Hehe, stress and IB come hand in hand, currently I have the EE to write, frist draft of history cwk, final draft of english cwk, maths cwk, group 4 science project and mocks in a month. I have noo idea how Im supposed to do them all (their all due in within 4 weeks, some earlier), and get decent results inthe mocks. The mocks are what the teachers plan to bas their predicted grades on and since I want to go to a good uni I need good predictions, but I also need to pass the IB. Im the most laid back person I know, ive meve felt stress or pressure, and have always in the past, got my work done, but i thnk im almost there, I can almost feel this thing people call 'STRESS'

Haha, like, everyday. Nah, it's not so bad for me- I've learnt to bash all my frustrations into my piano :)

But the other day in IB economics, someone 'stole' the usual seat of my friend, right? And she burst into tears and camped out in the toilet for the rest of the lesson :|

And that's the SECOND time it's happened. *double :|*

But the other day in IB economics, someone 'stole' the usual seat of my friend, right? And she burst into tears and camped out in the toilet for the rest of the lesson :|

And that's the SECOND time it's happened. *double :|*

ooh yes, this used to happen in my class too.

except for, no one would cry, they would just yell and then whole class would end up yelling at the person who tried to steal the seat.

however, I am no longer under IB stress, thank god.

the only stress I have is picking what to wear every morning.

well, I need to find a job, ah ****.

heey

i get IB stress a lot: a get truly depressed and start crying for no reason!! --- sometimes i wish i would get sick not to go to school and face another day of IB and i spend some days feeling scared as if something is telling me something will go wrong!!

ooh yes, this used to happen in my class too.

except for, no one would cry, they would just yell and then whole class would end up yelling at the person who tried to steal the seat.

however, I am no longer under IB stress, thank god.

the only stress I have is picking what to wear every morning.

well, I need to find a job, ah ****.

Oooo... don't get me wrong, there was yelling. Quite a lot of it too... Our teacher was just sitting, there trying not to laugh LOL

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone!

Wonder if anyone have IB stress.

I woke up last week and feel wierd... didnt have nightmare but i just feel...wierd not normal.

Went to school to have my lesson, didnt talk to anyone and I just listen to my teachers talk. I had my lesson like a normal day but still i feel wierd.

Suddely out of no where i started to cry, im not the only one who cry but there was some other girls to. My mentor come and said "IB stress this year again"

It looks like every year people get this IB stress.

In my case I cried non-stop and ended up I must go home and rest.

A bit emaressed when i took the train since i keep crying all the way home until my mom come home from work. The next day my eye looks like a gold fish eye. so Stayed home.

Other people have IB stress such as having nightmare of the Exam, eating problem etc.

Just wonder if anyone here have IB stress like me maybe?

The Crying Ib stress ;p

i get the same thing! i'll just start to cry for no reason (well, because im very stressed) and my parents are so worried about me. i also get colds a lot from the stress and the allnighters i have all the time. just last week i had about a total of 6 hours of sleep between monday and friday. it was the worst week ever.

im stress due to my college is not well equipped and not condusive for learning...even worse than my high school..T.T...makes me feel lifeless there..and more like a robot.doing all the assignments without much emotion except want to finish it fast enough fr me to get enough sleep..huhu