dessskris

Is there any way to undo a rep? I just misclicked at the rep button and don't know how to de-rep the post. :S

It's not a big deal though.

What is the maximum limit of rep per day, by the way?

And I think the "The New Reputation System" announcement needs to be updated. We don't have negative rep anymore.

Edited by Summer Glau
no text speak =)

I know right? Now I want to rep sth and I've reached my maximum rep of the day :/ sigh.. :ateeq:

lol that's okay. XD I guess the admins wouldn't mind if I go and explain this?

Yes the thumb icon beside your posts is used to thank the poster for posting such a useful/helpful post. Every thumb icon click will add +1 to your reputation (open your profile, see the reputation tab or the reputation below your picture). As your rep count increases, the number of stars you have increases with it and your reputation title changes to better more awesome ones. The stars are shown on threads under your avatars. That's it, I think. :)

Edited by dessskris
  • Like 1

Yes and repping a post is used instead of posting to just say 'thanks! that awesome' those kind of posts get deleted immediately.

As for reputation limits:

Maximum number of positive reps you can give a say is 5 reps. We have limited this in order to avoid abuse of rep system, since we have faced that in the past.

Desy:

I can't undo the rep but I can decrease the rep number if you want.

The functionality to "neg rep" or "thumb down" was present in the past. People, as expected with the continually degrading nature of human society, abused the feature to let people know they had bad posts and made it into personal vendettas against posters. The "neg rep" function was thus removed.

• Like 2

Umm it's this post if you don't mind derepping it for me. Thank you!

As the rep abuse happened in the past only, would you please consider changing it to say 10 per day now?

I guess some other users may have the same wish (e.g. egr12resa) and there is a reasonable demand for the ability to rep more posts per day. 5 is probably a little too low.

I am not saying that I want to give more than 5 reps per day, but it just sometimes happens that you come across more than 5 good posts on the same day and you cba to save the link and wait till the next day just for the sake of repping it.

Thanks for the consideration.

Sorry, but just because it happened in the past, doesn't meant that it won't happen in the future. People get creative with the repping procedures. 5 posts a day should be fine. It's not the end of the world if you don't get to rep somebody for their post.

No worries. Just a note, if people are seen asking for rep, then just delete the post. However, we all need to keep in mind that it's virtual rep on a site and it is technically worthless, so don't get angry at people about reputation points! :D

• Like 3