French B Orals

Ashika

Hmm, perhaps you could focus on one particular aspect of the francophone world? Eg. food, culture, transportation, social activites, etc that differentiate it from the rest of the world. Or you could maybe compare one francophone region (eg. Québec) to another (eg. Haiti).

ooo we did a whole project on this! There's LOADS you can talk about seeing as it's only really 3 mins you're talking for!

What i would do is in my introduction i would list a few french speaking countries. Then i would choose a specific country and say why you chose it and then go on to talk about its political state, maybe its economy and how it still has links with France. A lot of french speaking countries also have another language that is spoken commonly alongside French, so you could speak about that too! Its more about showing off your French really, make sure you have a few tenses in there, the subjunctive looks great! :( Use wide range of vocabulary and although you might be tempted to memorise it TRY to make it sound natural! :(

Good luck!!

• 3 weeks later...

these were some topics chosen by my class for french sl and the classes before us:

- fashion!

+Yves St Laurent

+haute couture

- the Cannes festival

- mardi gras

- French art

+Picasso

+The Louvre

- French cinema

+ the director of Amelie (forgot his name)

- French cuisine

+ gastronomy and michelin stars

+ malbouffe (junk food)

fashion was clearly the most popular, a lot of girls picked it... but food was supposed to be easy to talk about as well

The topic you choose for your final oral should be (according to my teacher) connected to 'french culture' (which is probably why you got the general topic le monde francophonie)

we did the same thing.

I basically watched a french film festival movie and then talked about it and how I thought it related to french culture.

I recommend a film festival movie because you can talk about it lots and it's easy to relate the subject matter to the real world.

Just make sure you translate stuff in your head first and then say it, instead of trying to translate while you speak. Thats what messed me up.

• 4 weeks later...

hahahah, i remember when i did my french SL oral about the same time you wrote this post lol. i did pretty bad.

but you could talk about a lot of things, culture, food ( i did food), literature, current events, etc...

[NOTE: i dont know if you finished it by now or.....sorry if this is old news]