IB relationships

__inthemaking

Have you ever been in one?

If yes, are you still together/why didn't it work out?

If no, would you consider being in one?

Just curious, because it seems to be the general consensus is that IB relationships = bad. Am I an anomaly here :P haha? I've been with my IB boyfriend for 15 months and we are quite happy together. There are 2 other IB couples at my school. One of them have been going out for almost 3 months and the other have been going out for 3 years (though they're on a break now and I believe are going their separate ways very soon...XD).

Well pre-ib relationships are the same. They can go both ways. I just broke up with mine basically on v-day. After a couple months. But my one firend theyve been going togethor for 1 year. Then 2 of my friends have been going with each other for 6 years. Since middle of pre-ib.

they are pretty much like all other relationships, I guess... Some work, most don't. I had an IB boyfriend in pre-ib, but he was a total... whatever, he was/is not nice... All other couples I've known about have also split up. I will not get into anotherone, simply because it's hard, once we've broken up, to act normal to each other... What if this ex-boyfriend and I have to do G4 together? :P I think it's enough having one person as my groupwork-nightmare..

IB1 people in general(at my school) don't really seem to be after relationships... They are just... woohoo-ing around with each other. Seems to work!

no... they all have ended after a either short periods of time or after long periods of time....

i had maybe 3 and all ended within a matter of months.

an easy ways to put it is not to date someone at school. it is easier that way.

if you can keep at it though... more power to you

Edited by IBStuck

Hmm, in a way I think that an IB relationship is easier to work out rather than a relationship between an IBer and non-IBer. I'm in IBII (as is my boyfriend and the 2 other IB couples) and throughout high school, I've had 3 relationships (including my current one).

The first relationship was in grade 9 with a pre-IBer (he dropped out after grade 10). That lasted several months. Then I dated my best friend from another school in grade 10. Also didn't last very long. My current relationship has been my longest and most serious one, I guess because it's easier to relate to one another? We understand that if we have IOCs coming up that we can't really afford to talk that weekend and we both need to buckle down, whereas a non-IB bf/gf may be less understanding as to why you can't go on a date that weekend. Also it gives you an automatic buddy with homework help :( hehe. So in a twisted kind of way, you understand each other's schedule and are understanding of it because of IB.

Having to face them in the G4 project after breaking up would be quite difficult, however.

• 2 weeks later...
no... they all have ended after a either short periods of time or after long periods of time....

i had maybe 3 and all ended within a matter of months.

an easy ways to put it is not to date someone at school. it is easier that way.

if you can keep at it though... more power to you

amen to that...

yea, if i could handle all the powerful ambitious fiery girls in IB, i would. But seriously, i don't think I have the time for that, and I would prefer a non-IB relationship. The prob with that though is that they cannot relate to you at all.

but its ok, it works out

amen to that...

yea, if i could handle all the powerful ambitious fiery girls in IB, i would. But seriously, i don't think I have the time for that, and I would prefer a non-IB relationship. The prob with that though is that they cannot relate to you at all.

but its ok, it works out

it is true about them not being able to relate. the guy that i am dating is in college... and he can relate to me a little.... but honestly... i have so much more work than he does.

i don't think they cost you so much time wise, but more emotionally. i remember i was on the verge of beginning a relationship during group 4 project in september and i could not stay focused as the girl was constantly on my mind. and when we broke up i also had trouble staying focused

i don't think they cost you so much time wise, but more emotionally. i remember i was on the verge of beginning a relationship during group 4 project in september and i could not stay focused as the girl was constantly on my mind. and when we broke up i also had trouble staying focused

That's very true. Fortunately enough, whenever me and my boyfriend have had disagreements, it happened to be during the break after exams, or on a day where we just finished a unit test (rather than the night before, where we would've been studying for it). I don't think we've ever had an untimely disagreement where it affected our school work..we'd always had them on "free" days. We never planned it to happen that way but somehow it just worked out like that haha.

I don't mind IB relationships. I know people who have gone in the same class and year in the IB and gotten married before graduating! Provided you love each other or at least have some sort of sexual or romantic interest, then it's good. We all have our wants, needs and feelings. I can understand why you wouldn't go out with someone who takes the IB but I can also understand why you would. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I don't understand how it would be different from any other relationship...

sure they wouldn't understand exactly how extreme your school work is and WHY you're so stressed out, but if it's a good relationship anyway, they would learn to realize it.

my boyfriend's not in IB, but he completely understands when I have to study instead of hanging out with him...

just like I understand (without ever taking a music class in my life) that band is so important to him

I think it would be cool for him to be in IB just so i would have the possibility of sharing a class with him. Now I only see him before and after school, and if I'm lucky, in the halls for a few seconds at a time.

I guess I don't understand how it would be different from any other relationship...

sure they wouldn't understand exactly how extreme your school work is and WHY you're so stressed out, but if it's a good relationship anyway, they would learn to realize it.

my boyfriend's not in IB, but he completely understands when I have to study instead of hanging out with him...

just like I understand (without ever taking a music class in my life) that band is so important to him

I think it would be cool for him to be in IB just so i would have the possibility of sharing a class with him. Now I only see him before and after school, and if I'm lucky, in the halls for a few seconds at a time.

Yeah, it's true, but for me, I spend most of my weekends either catching up on sleep or doing homework/some major assignment. The last date me and my boyfriend had was...January. So yeah, if a non-IB was to date me, it would involve several months in between dates and I only have time for dates during school breaks. I guess it depends on the guy, but I think no matter how understanding a guy tries to be, he has to be at least a little upset that he has to wait several months in between being with his girlfriend. My boyfriend has no problem with it though because well, we see each other everyday (in fact we have all our classes this semester together) and he's got the same homework as me so we're both working anyways.

Agreed. I've never been in a relationship because I could do without the extra stress they tend to put on you.

The one IB relationship that I noticed ended terribally after about a year and a half. Now they won't even talk to each other and when they were together they were always having problems. But I guess they are like any other relationship, some work and some don't, it's just that in IB we tend to have a bunch of stuff to do and stress already so it gets to be a bit much to try and balance.

Have you ever been in one?

If yes, are you still together/why didn't it work out?

If no, would you consider being in one?

Just curious, because it seems to be the general consensus is that IB relationships = bad. Am I an anomaly here :P haha? I've been with my IB boyfriend for 15 months and we are quite happy together. There are 2 other IB couples at my school. One of them have been going out for almost 3 months and the other have been going out for 3 years (though they're on a break now and I believe are going their separate ways very soon...:D).

Yea, IB relationships are horrible unless you keep them on the downlow. Here, at least, there's way too much drama and too many people talk behind your back.