Importance of extra curricular activities?

ph4t_d4n

Im an average student who achieved 35 points.

eco HL - 5

Phys HL - 6

Chem HL - 6

Maths SL - 7

English SL - 5

Chinese ab initio- 6

Im not the best at school work but I'm the national champion at brazilian jiu jitsu and I got other really good EC's.

What's the chance of me getting into Australia national university or melbourne university doing engineering?

I'm not sure about Austrailian Universities, but generally i think universities still require you to hit the minimum entry requirement that they want? How many points do they need you to have?

I think EC's work more as something to differentiate between candidates who have the same grades etc.

Do you do personal statements in Austrailia? If so, make sure it's reallyy good to make up for your grades and help you stand out!

Good luckk! :(

I've always thought the same thing...ec's set you apart form those who have the same grades as you and therefore can give you an advantage this way, this may not be what you want to hear, but its what I've heard. I know nothing about Australia, but in the USA most straight-up engineering schools mainly care about your math and science - which according to your IB tests look great - so, this will be to your advantage.

I think its because you are not a maths and sciences person thats why you are getting such low scores in bio and maths. Your history and economics marks a superb. French B is a struggle if you've never done it before IB.

English A1 HL is considered one of the toughest courses there is. So don't worry, as the year progresses, your marks will pick up.

I've found that people who are good at maths and sciences also do alright in laguages and humanities however people who are more into the arts and languages have so much difficulty with the sciences and maths.

Mark, maybe you should have chosen other subjects.