Is Math Studies Recognized in the UK?

Alix

Well, really it depends on what courses you'd like to study. If you want to study economics, math studies is not enough. But if you want to study law, political science, history or any other "free-from-math" course, math studies should be enough. But of course Math SL/HL is very good to have even as a future law student, too! :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maths Studies is considered equal to a GCSE by Cambridge and Oxford.

Standard -- A little higher

Higher --- A little more than A level but less than Further Maths.

Don't do studies - it severely restricts you. Standard or Higher is the way to go. If your school does not offer Standard DO higher! :blink:

Maths Studies is considered equal to a GCSE by Cambridge and Oxford.

Standard -- A little higher

Higher --- A little more than A level but less than Further Maths.

Don't do studies - it severely restricts you. Standard or Higher is the way to go. If your school does not offer Standard DO higher! :blink:

Exactly, my friend studies Experimental Psychology at Oxford and she took Math Studies (I should've too for an easy 7 but I enjoy reasonable challenges)

YES IT IS!!! This is something I did not know and which really hurt me in the end. I ended up applying for Law and turns out that I didn´t need math standard. This might hurt my grade a bit because I easily could have gotten a 7 in math studies. But all of the universities that I applied to didn´t require math at standard level so you should defo think about it...of course it depends on what course your taking but check with with your careers advisor OR better yet just call up the universities to make sure.

:P

• 1 month later...
Hey, I'm in tenth grade and need to choose my courses but someone told me that Math Studies SL isnt recognized in universities in the UK. Is this true or just rubbish? Such as universities like Oxford.

I was told Math Studies works unless you want to get into engineering.. but some Canadian universities won't even accept if for a bacelor of science. Uh oh.