Sign in to follow this  

French B sl oral...?

How much of the oral activities count for our final grade? 30 percent?

And is there an individual presentation AND some kind of interactive activity? Because we don't seem to be doing any interactive activities??? Our french teacher just gave us one individual presentation and made it count for 30 percent of our mock grade

Yes, the oral is worth 30%.

I think it differs for each school, but when I took French B SL last year, we had one major group oral presentation where we had to pick a Francophone country and do an hour long presentation. Everything had to be memorized and since each group had 3 members, essentially each person had to speak for 20 minutes. Basically it was practice for our formal oral presentation since everything had to be memorized.

Memorizing is good, but it's always good to have some improvisation involved. When I did a practice french oral, I took a sheet of paper with a few jotted notes down, but I ended up not even using the paper. Once you start presenting, and you know what you're talking about, the rest is just organizing in your head and saying whatever you're thinking.

I never memorize things.

I use the same method as Dooga and also end up not using my notes.

It sounds weird when you regurgitate information from memory.

It needs to flow better.