Decrease in IB Score

Hey guys, I'm a recent IB graduate. I was successful enough to pass the IB with a decent score but I wasn't satisfied with my Physics HL mark which is a 4.

I decided to retake the exam in May 2011 to increase my mark by one point although I have already begun to study at a great university.

I focused on my courses that I take during my freshman year and didn't study for Physics HL exams.

The problem is I didn't do really well on both papers. Can my IB score decrease if I get a lower mark than 4?

I think so, yes, as if you were to get an exam remarked and the remark is lower it goes down, it's the same principle but your chocie to sit another exam... having said this a level resits give you the best mark..oh dear, I've ended up not being helpful at all!!! Surely if you're already in a great university studying further, does it matter that much? You've obviously succeeded, despite one average grade - it's not even average as Physic HL is hard!!

Hey guys, I'm a recent IB graduate. I was successful enough to pass the IB with a decent score but I wasn't satisfied with my Physics HL mark which is a 4.

I decided to retake the exam in May 2011 to increase my mark by one point although I have already begun to study at a great university.

I focused on my courses that I take during my freshman year and didn't study for Physics HL exams.

The problem is I didn't do really well on both papers. Can my IB score decrease if I get a lower mark than 4?

No, it won't. If someone resists, but gets a lower grade, then the highest grade will always count.