What do you do Friday nights?

tvd7

Canada - just mellow out in front of the computer and listen to some good music (and check Facebook, of course...mind you, I'm starting to get disillusioned with the whole networking thing, but that's an entirely different matter altogether)

Although, I should note that about half of my IB friends go to parties and get drunk.

IB kids have got to get out more.... but I completely understand why we dont each teacher gives us a load of homework and they think they are the only ones... but I started saying screw it I have dealt with no fun for too long.... I go out partying or stay home with my bf smoking on fridays and then get up on saturday and sunday for work, CAS hours, and homework..... you always need a little fun

• 4 weeks later...

From November until April I have practice most Friday nights... (everyone on our team HATES the director for this crappy planning) and during the Fall, we have football games! (I'm in the marching band, Colorguard to be specific, so Friday Night Football is a given... we perform at half time. ...and this is American football I'm talking about though. Not soccer, though I think that would be more interesting to watch :lol: )

On the friday nights which i am FREE... I use it as the one time a week I get to see my boyfriend. and/or just hang out with my friends. Movies, Mall, Icecream... the basics. Or we all gather at a friend's house and the guys play guitar hero while the girls have fun entertaining ourselves in more random ways >.< ...and try to coax the boys away from the stupid tv!

Usually I went to parties or chilled with my friends on Friday nights. But ever since I moved to Florida from Canada I joined IB, and pretty much have been too tired to do anything. I wake up at 5 in the morning to take the public bus to my school, which is a 2 hour drive. I get back home at 5 p.m, pretty much my day is ruined and I tired as he-ll.

I'm from Sweden, and Swedes usually go party every weekend and get drunk. Really drunk.

However, I guess I'm not one of those original Swedes, because I rarely go partying - if I have a free friday night, i.e. no homework, (ok, they are never 'free' in that sense.. ) I just like to hang out with friends or family, watch a great movie, read or excersise.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anything that isn't related 2 school work! I already get enough of it during the week!

I usually watch or go to the footy, which is AFL (Australian Rules Football). AFL is the most popular sport in Australia! It's great to watch!

Or I see some mates.

• 1 month later...

Canada!

Usually I have some sports team afterschool that I go to, and then usually just relax at home for the rest of the night. Or some Friday nights when I don't have it, I either go home right away and relax or go out with friends somewhere and come home late. I have to get early the next morning so it sucks.

• 2 months later...

I'm from New Zealand, Fridays I finish school at 3.45. I do homework or see friends until 6.30, and from then til 8pm I help out at a kid's youth group thing - I started helping out for CAS, and I still help out even though I've finished my hours. Then I go to friends' or meet up with friends, and we hang out where we are or go on adventures (to the beach, up the hills, for a midnight tramp) or walks around the city - so pretty at night. We often go to an improvisation comedy thing that's run every Friday, it's excellent. Occasionally we'll go to a play, I go to a few gigs by myself sometimes. Sometimes a couple of us will just head down to a music cafe. Parties are always an option, otherwise it's fairly easy to make our own parties. We have a digeridoo player in our midst! :D

Though Friday nights I often don't get to sleep until 5am due to my munter mates' absolute insistence that we stay up for 4.20. Goddam it.

Interestingly enough, I go out more often on Friday nights and then use my Saturday nights for sleep, unless there's something on Saturday that I really want to be out for (such as a party or more usually, an outdoor rave). A few of my friends do it this way too, it means Sunday is a full study/homework day. :]

Edited by Delysid

I'm wondering what IB students outside of Geneva do on their Friday nights. Would be cool to get some cultural diversity here! Just post where you're from and what you do please!

Friday nights i don't do much, just hang with some friends and grab something to eat in town.

Saturday nights however, i like a lot. i enjoy hopping from club to club with class mates and making the streets unsafe.

then on sundays work really hard to catch up with work that i should have done on friday and saturday :D

i go out with my friends, and lately we've been going to clubs for whole nights which is pretty awesome lol. i dont ever get drunk but if we're not pulling a white night i like to go out to a small town my school is in (i live in brussels, belgium)and just hang out with friends n maybe drink a pint or something. then i usually end the night off by dancing my ass off lol, sometimes u get lucky sometimes not and then i get home and watch a movie n go to sleep at like 2 :D