A more challenging Math Curriculum

Ray

Hi, my school only offers Mathematics SL but I am easily bored in that class and I really would like a challenge. Does anybody know how I can find such a way for a recognized, more challenging math curriculum? I don't mind learning math on my own at all. Thanks.

Guest Soiboist

You could have self-studied Maths HL from the beginning if your school would have allowed it, but I guess it's a little too late now. I don't know much about American/Canadian schools, but couldn't you take additional courses from your own traditional school system?

Guest Red XII

I'm not sure whether programs like this are available in Canada, but you could see whether your school will allow you to dual-enroll in university-level math classes.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

You could use that to your advantage and shoot for a 7. I know a number of Canadian universities (certainly the one I'm applying to) offer scholarships (not necessarily credits) for students who acheive 7 (sometimes 6 as well) in SL subjects. You could also offer your services as a tutor (great way to make money) to your fellow classmates who maybe find the material challenging.