One .gif to make you wonder

Abu

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special.

Stephen Hawking

Not everyone here believes in this type of evolution. I do not believe that we have evolved from monkeys for my common sense reaons.

Since you mentioned this, I should also mention that if he are a tiny little dot in this universe, what are we compared to God? Who created all these things, yet we are so ungrateful sometimes of all the things he gives us. I know we have quite a lot of athiests here but this is what I want to say for those of you who believe in God.

EDIT: Oh and Aboo I love that picture. :P

Always awesome to watch, and if you're interested in this type of stuff, might wanna check out Powers of Ten, which is basically a 10 minute video where the camera keeps zooming out and out until it's outside of the milky way and you get the point :P

And yeah, the possibility of life out there is mind boggling, I just hope we discover intelligent life before I die, assuming they don't wanna kill us though :)

I love how Hubble has allowed us to take all those great pictures of space, especially all the supernovae and stars. And I'm really interested in all the dark matter research that's going on. When I tried to explain it to my mom she wa slike "The opposite of matter? But what is that? Like...nothing?" No, mom.

If there's aliens out there, they probably don't give a damn about us. There's so many other places to explore in the universe, they're just thinking "Stupid humans, they only know how to take pictures of all this stuff. They don't even know we exist."

And side note: Isn't Neptune such a pretty planet? I love water. Jupiter probably smells bad because of all the gas there.

Oh yeah, I love the pictures the Hubble sends back, can't wait for the James Web telescope, it's way more powerful, so I guess that means more galaxies on our wallpapers.

And on the topic of aliens, we're probably considered unintelligent life to them anyways so yeah, we've probably been visited by them before but there was nothing interesting. If they could travel all the way here, I doubt they'll be interested in us, but it's always possible that they're watching us closely and waiting for something to happen, makes everything more interesting!

And side note reply to side note: You just can't beat Saturn when it comes to beauty :P

• 3 weeks later...