Evaluation and OPVL

vajra

Well it's actually due today since it's after midnight...

I'm doing my history IA (in 11th Grade) on the atomic bomb with the question: What role did the battles of Iwo Jima and Okinawa play in Truman’s decision to drop the atomic bomb?

I'm only having trouble with the "Evaluation of Sources" and OPVL (origin, purpose, value, limitation) is killing me. My two main sources are books! very interesting read, but now I have to suffer because My teacher wants me find background information on these random authors: Dennis D. Wainstock and Robert P. Newman. How am I supposed to know whether they had access to military records when there's not even a biography of them on wikipedia.

Is there anything else I can include in my evaluations to compensate for a lack of information on unknown authors or does anyone have any advice?

Would be highly appreciated.

Well it's actually due today since it's after midnight...

I'm doing my history IA (in 11th Grade) on the atomic bomb with the question: What role did the battles of Iwo Jima and Okinawa play in Truman’s decision to drop the atomic bomb?

I'm only having trouble with the "Evaluation of Sources" and OPVL (origin, purpose, value, limitation) is killing me. My two main sources are books! very interesting read, but now I have to suffer because My teacher wants me find background information on these random authors: Dennis D. Wainstock and Robert P. Newman. How am I supposed to know whether they had access to military records when there's not even a biography of them on wikipedia.

Is there anything else I can include in my evaluations to compensate for a lack of information on unknown authors or does anyone have any advice?

Would be highly appreciated.

Hi,

See if this helps:

Well the answer to that really isn't on wikipedia or the internet, some authors are simply not well known enough for that sort of thing. The answer is in the book itself. Take sometime to look through the introduction, inside covers and the bibliography of the book. The introduction and the inside covers should give some small background information about the authors and how the authors have approached the issue and their aim. The bibliography will give you an idea of the extent to which they have researched the issue. All records should be there including the "military records" you were referring to.

• Like 1