Help with my Math IA

magalidarga

hey i want to do my math IA based of cos sin and tan, bt i have no idea what to do . i asked my teacher, and she was like i donno its ur ia!!! gee thanks..... neways any idea?? please im so desperate.... thank you

Moderator decryption:

Hey, I want to do my Math IA based on cos, sin and tan. The problem is, I have no idea what to do - I asked my teacher and she said "I don't know, it's your IA!"

So any Ideas? Please, I'm so desperate... Thank you!

So, could you tell us what you need helping with? We can't exactly give you a readily solved IA here...

I need a subject. I do not know they type of exercise I can do. As you can see I am very lost in the world of math. he he

If you can give me ideas of what type of exercises or subject idea, it would be great!!

thank youu

Weird, at least we were given our exact IA assignment, and had no need to create one on our own. I lived under the impression that IBO provides you the IA questions in math.

yes my wonderful teacher gave half of the call a topic, and the other half are struggling. do you have any idea?

what was the IB subject that was given to you ?

you guys are so lucky!

Type I, investigating divisibilty. We had a polynomial P(n)=n^x - n, then we had to investigate whether it's divisible or not for several values and then prove it. Then we had to do some stuff with Pascal's triangle, and investigate its relation to the mentioned polynomial. It was Math HL btw.

What level are you? At least if you are HL (I don't know if sl contains this) you could do something with trigonometric equations. I still think that you're teacher is unfair. Math IA's are hard enough without having to make up a topic.

Type I, investigating divisibilty. We had a polynomial P(n)=n^x - n, then we had to investigate whether it's divisible or not for several values and then prove it. Then we had to do some stuff with Pascal's triangle, and investigate its relation to the mentioned polynomial. It was Math HL btw.

What level are you? At least if you are HL (I don't know if sl contains this) you could do something with trigonometric equations. I still think that you're teacher is unfair. Math IA's are hard enough without having to make up a topic.

Well im not that bright in math. I use to be when i was studying it in english, and now I'm forced to do it in french! Im in math studies by the way. The lovely Math francais teacher does not help us a single bit!! the average of our class is a 2 our of 7 and the highest mark is 3/7 its patatic! I'm so stressed out. My IA is due in 2 weeks and i don't even have a subject.

where are you from?

Scade, since magalidarga is math studies, she has to plan her own IA. Scade and I are both from Finland and our school doesn't offer Math Studies, so we tend to be quite unknowing when it comes to Math Studies :P

but I recommend you try to still be a bit more elaborate here about what you could do as your IA - no-one simply has the time to come up with a topic for you, as brutal as it sounds.

Oh, and there's certainly something wrong with your teacher if your class gets 2s in math studies - it should easily be passable for all candidates!

I agree with deissi, you're supposed to be given your IA, it's not like the EE were you pick your topic. This is supposed to be an investigation on a given topic and they grade you on how good you examine your case, not how good you are in coming up with a smart topic. If you do, however, find a topic and need our help just post again and I'll see to it since I love doing math IA's :lol:

Well im not that bright in math. I use to be when i was studying it in english, and now I'm forced to do it in french! Im in math studies by the way. The lovely Math francais teacher does not help us a single bit!! the average of our class is a 2 our of 7 and the highest mark is 3/7 its patatic! I'm so stressed out. My IA is due in 2 weeks and i don't even have a subject.

where are you from?

I thought IB only allowed a maximum of 10 days on the math IA

Ok I think the first thing we need to figure out is what level maths everyone is

magalidarga: Go to this thread: http://www.ibsurvival.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=364 and http://www.ibsurvival.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58. That should have all the info you need about maths IA.

benthis1no: first thing on asking help about Maths IA - what level maths?

wow! our teachers keep saying 10 days is the max that ib allows. I think i even read this in the IB math syllabus...not sure though.

Right you are:

The finished piece of work should be submitted to the teacher for assessment 3–10 days after it has

been set. Students should not be given the opportunity to resubmit a piece of work after it has been assessed.

U need to make sure that whatever topic u pick, your data satisfies the level that IAs require. My teacher told me that my data was not sufficient enough, and that calculations need to be at higher level (meaning that some complicated calculations need to be used).